Here Is How To Fix The Titans Offense Right Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

SHORT TERM....
    1.They must bring in a veteran receiver who can run the right routes and be able to catch passes.Anyone is better than what we now have at WR....T.O.,Housh,etc.

2.Bench C.J. and start running Ringer and Harper more.Maybe not totally bench him but cut back his playing time.Could he do better if he wasn't running every play?

3.Make a few adjustments or even switch a few players around on the offensive line.

LONG TERM....

1.Before next season they need to bring in a veteran WR and also draft a WR then cut the dead weight we don't need.

2.draft or bring in new blood on the O line.

3.Cowboys drafted a RB Demarco Murray in third round and he gained over 200 yards yesterday.The other backs weren't working.We need to draft a new guy at RB and maybe bring in a veteran also.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Trade a 5th rounder for B.Lloyd.... oh **** too late.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

CJ HAS lost a step. There were a couple of plays where the end was sealed but he couldn't/didn't outrun the OLB. But honestly, the O-line is the REAL problem. They blew assignments, let guys get off blocks and even quit on blocks. And it IS Amano and Harris. Roos and Stewart had a subpar performances yesterday and I saw them both quit on a couple of plays.

Time for Velasco at center. Let Harris know if he can't block to the next level he is next. And while we're at it- let's tell Matthews he may have been a HOF lineman but he isn't getting it done as a coach.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

In terms of next year:

- Sign a vet like Dwayne Bowe
    - Draft a WR in early like Alshon Jeffrey, Justin Blackmon.
    - Sign, draft mean interior offensive lineman

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have a bunch of 3rd & 4th string WR's, need to fix that ASAP!

Also, generating some kind of pass rush might help.

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Most people might not agree but i think we need a really good fresh running back who can pound the ball.We need to quit drafting these role players at RB that are 150 pounds like CJ and draft bruisers who will gain yards and move the chains.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think the problem is clearly with the WR's.

Watch Hasselbeck yell at them after blown routes...that's evidence enough. Cook doesn't pay attention, Hawkins looks lost and D. Williams looks like a frightened child out there. Hass has absolutely NO chemistry with these receivers AT ALL. The reason? The players simply cannot play their positions properly. With Britt gone, there is no deep threat (not that Hasselbeck can throw a deep ball, but that's besides the point). We need to get another reciever. When CJ is our number one WR, there is obviously a problem with the passing game.

Oh, and I know it's cliche, but the run game opens up the passing game...

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Run game opens up the passing game...we can't get CJ going to open it up.

Even if the passing game opened up we have receivers just like onetontitan said that keep missing assignments,blowing routes,dropping balls.

Running game and Passing game both SUCK.

Defense with holes bigger than swiss cheese.My grandmother could gain a hundred yards running against us.

Munchak does need to make changes or we are fixing to tank.

Most people don't see it but we might be in for another long streak.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I came up with the same observations as Mike75.
    First off, line CJ up and clock him in the 40 and see what he can do.
    Bench CJ. If Harper and Ringer can load up yards using the same front line, then the front line is not the problem.
    Stop giving CJ free Gatorade on the sidelines. Make him pay for it so we can get some of our money back!
    I'm tired of watching Hawkins getting hit in the face with the football. Cut him before he makes a Workmans Comp claim. As I look at it, we only have one WR. (Somehow, our second WR, Avery, managed 30 yards and hasn't caught a pass yet!) We need atleast 3 WRs. Sign a vet that will catch a football prior to it hitting him in the face and draft heavy at WR in April.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I watched from the end zone yesterday, but Ringer looked like the only player that had a clue what was going on, with Jared Cook having a few moments of clarity in a hazy game. Washington looked moderately good.

Overall, it was just a boring game to watch, even live, with a Texans fan standing next to you. Just ho-hum, it's the only Titans game I've ever been to that I've left early. And I've sat through some stinkers.

Hasselbeck looked like Kerry Collins part deux with his throwing it away two consecutive passes yesterday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar