Here We Go Again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Top tier corner back, 2 top tier wide receivers, and an elite QB have all be wheeled and dealed this offseason, all for less then a first round pick. All that and Will Witherspoon is the class of our free agency this year. Anyone else getting tired of this? Why the hell can't we give a pair of second round picks for Brandon Marshall? (aside from not having one this year) Or a 5th for Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes? I don't care if these guys have character issues. It's not like I'm inviting them to my grandparents house for dinner. I want our FO to go get players that will help us win. What do the Jets do when they have a young, struggling QB? Put the best defense on the other side of the ball and fill his offense with weapons to throw to. Guys that will bail him out. How about the Phins with Chad Henne? Same thing...go get a guy who will make spectacular plays catching the ball. Not Nate Droppington. Not Eric Moulds. Not Justin McCareins. They get playmakers. Why is it we sit idly every offseason and watch the rest of the AFC beef up their squads? It's sickening at times.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm actually surprised people in the Marshall thread aren't bashing Miami and praising Denver. Our fan base has taken on the identity of the front office and tends to bash teams who make big trades. It would be one thing if we had a couple of rings so I could say "Well clearly our team knows what were doing." But we haven't sniffed a Superbowl in a number of years so clearly we don't know what were doing, but because were 8-8 a bunch of times and not 4-12 were a respected franchise and not a dysfunctional one.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. thenextde72

thenextde72 Camp Fodder

I get your point and it sucks. Every year i check constantly to see what is happening with the organization but its always the same 2 sub par additions and one decent one. And we do amazing in the draft but then we always have one hole to fill that keeps us from being elite.

The logic behind the FO's mindset is getting a young team that they have controlled from day one. They like molding players, not trying to fit them into their system. Its flawed logic but we have the offensive tools to be champions, i just wished they would have made a play for a Defensive stud. Oh well. Its not like we werent expecting it. All you can do is have faith in the draft (which will leave us scratching our heads) and hope that CJ, VY and KB show up this year and get better.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Because Jeff Fisher thinks he can do everything with nothing. I like our team for the most part, but if there's a guy 'doing his job' and is already in place then were not going shopping. Doesn't matter what position can be improved, Fisher makes due and ends up at home in February because of it.

My grip is; why be great across the board on the O-Line except for one spot. Improve that position and launch the best RB in years into another stratosphere, but Amano 'gets it done' so we'll stay weak inside. The depth at WR is another area I'd personally touch up. No sense in starting a 3rd & 4th string WR when we have a real No. 1. That still leaves the number two role open, and yet we haven't shown any interest to fill the void.

And then the defense. They're working on it. I don't yet know where our 2nd corner is at (he's not a Titan to date), but they can still draft him.

What I'd do is make the Haynesworth deal happen. Who ever we lose to reacquire him would be well worth it. Then find our much needed corner via the draft, because after dealing w.e. to the Skins we'll have nothing to trade for a starting CB. Then get ourselves a serious #2 WR. And that's basically it, easy. No sense in drafting another TE/RB/QB/LB which are all the Titans would want to try drafting anyways. There are plenty of teams in need of draft picks so easy to package late rounders to move into the 4th round for quality over quantity.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Boy, was this thread titled appropriately...

• High Five High Five x 8
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think we are doing ok this offseason. Just because we aren't getting big names players doesn't mean we are doing bad. Ask Wash., big names don't lead to wins.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I understand these thoughts and often wish the Titans would make a bigger free agency splash, if nothing else for something to talk about. However, who are probably the two biggest spenders in free agency? Washington and Dallas? Dallas this past year won their first playoff game in I think it was like 13 years. Crazy. You don't need me to tell you how god-awful the redskins have been for a long time. New England - they sign older, supposedly washed up players, nothing huge and make super bowl runs. The Colts don't make many high profile free agent signings, they draft really really well.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I think the Tennessee Titans are the like my favorite NBA team, the Philadelphia 76ers. We don't play well enough to be elite but we don't suck enough to constantly get top 5 picks to improve our roster. We have been either a 1 game short or 1 and done team for years but because it always looks like were just a player away from elite status, the coaching staff feels content to hold off on big signings.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I don't think we are doing ok this offseason.

We should AT LEAST be re-signing some of our own good players and loading the contract to take massive cash hits this year, ya know, the one year there won't be a cap.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

1 thing i do wish we did was let amano go and replace his penalty prone arse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar