Hester AP "All-Pro" returner- not Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacman has many more moves, and is just as fast

2. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Yah, Hester seems like a one cut and run kind of guy. Pacman is going to manipulate you into blocks and break tackles though. That return for a TD against the Pats was CRAZY.

3. Bottom line is that Hester had 2 more TD returns on special teams than Pacman and basically the same averages. He deserves to get it.

4. zackmann

zackmann Guest

pacman needs to be the full time kick off returner, along with punts...

and needs to see more time on offense too...

i would be too tempted to play his butt as many snaps (or kicks) as he can handle...

go pac!

5. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

The problem with having Pacman on the field the whole day, as that he could get burned out. You saw it in his rookie season, he wasn't as explosive at the end of the season, and was not as good in coverage. The good news is, he looked great at the end of this season. So im all for it.

6. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Can't argue with 3 either... Hester had what, 4 returns in 2 games? Of course, if we were Bears fans, we wouldn't be complaining :)

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the Titans will need to start looking for the next KR/PR. I would think the Titans are going to begin limiting the amount of returns Pacman has next season to only key moments in the game. You don't risk your #1 CB any more than you have to.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

True but what if teams start making lower percentage kicks to avoid giving Pacman a return like the Pats ended up doing.

We'll get better field position with him in as KR when teams make a compromise kick rather than risk giving him a return.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I couldn't agree more. It is very risky to put your best CB, by far, back their fielding punts. Use him on occasion, but he has shown he has the potential to be a top 5 CB. We need that more than a PR.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

get your best 11 guys on the field. he's a playmaker on a team that lacks big plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar