Hey Coach Fisher ..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Look, the $$ comes out of my pocket to see a home game. I wouldn't give a rat's tail if we went 8-8 most years as long as we dominate our field.

WE HAVE NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. (we have no field advantage, but I'd settle for a decent home win). What is the franchise giving to the people to shell out? For the past 3 years, maybe 5 home wins and it looks our only shot at a home win is versus the Texans (and that is by no means a lock).

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

The overall mentality of the team trickles down from the head coach. Our team plays not to lose. We aren't aggressive at any aspect of our game plan. We play scared on offense and take no chances down field... Same goes for the D. We hardly rush the QB and when we did it seemed effective. We looked afraid... That comes from Fisher not the coordinators. We looked un-prepared.

:banned: I'll save my opinons about our recieving for another thread!:gag:

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Doesn't help when the crowd boos the QB after Gods Only Son, Drew Bennett, drops another big pass - and The Great Ben Troupe hands one over. It was embarrassing.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I have to agree. Colllins was certainly not impressive, but considering the fact he had only been with the team for a week and a half, he could have been much worse. And we could have Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer out there but if guys bat the ball up in the air, or let it go right through their hands then the QB doesnt really matter anyway. But, I cut the fans some slack on the booing because I would think it was directed at Fisher just as much as Collins, or it should have been anyway. Bringing in Collins so late to be your starting QB was just dumb. Especially when he was just sitting there all off season waiting for us to give him the opportunity.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I was there. The crowd booed when appropriate. It was the loudest when KC was having his passes slapped back at him and when he was throwing to God only knows who or throwing it away after 1 read. He, Chow and Fisher deserved all the booing they got.

In reality, it is THE FANS home field. The fans buy the PSL's, the tickets, the $75 jerseys, the $4 cokes, $7 beer, $6 hot dogs etc. The fans were expressing their dissatisfaction with the organization's abuse of their home field. Don't buy in to what I'm saying? See how long the team has a home field when the "fans" give up on the organization.

The franchise-fan relationship is a mutually symbiotic relationship. Right now, the franchise is NOT keeping up their end. Things don't change, it won't be long before the fans quit keep up theirs.

6. Brian

Brian Big Fan

I don't tape the games, but that usually has something to do with the protection. Ah, but our OL is top shelf so it couldn't be their fault. Blame the new 6'5" QB. Nice job.

It took about 5 minutes yesterday. Nice job.

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

You didn't have to be there to know when to boo or not. There were a couple of plays that should've been made that would've made a huge difference. I my opinion, Bennetts isn't very good. How many crucial passes does he need to drop before he's moved down to #3 or 4 in depth or the QB's quit throwing him the in presure situations. It's let down after let down with him and I'm sick of it. Fans should've been Booing Fisher for not having this team prepared.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I hear you, and I agree with that as well, I'm only saying that he's a great coach even though we've been hurting the past couple of years. I just think of all the Hall of famers out there who never won a Superbowl title, and IMO, all of them would trade that honor for to be a world champion, ask any of the Buffalo Bills (0-4). Marv Levy, would definately agree with it. We'll get it turned around, and JFish, will be there when it does, hell he did it once, he can do it again. In my book he is on a three year plan to turn this around, he gets a pass for the last two seasons, and this one he definately needs to show up, next year we better be in the playoff's for sure.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The boo's were appropriate, and would have been more if this team played in NY, or ANYWHERE else.

Once, when the O was coming back on they flashed VY's pic on the jumbo-tron and people cheered, until they saw Collins was the one actually on the field.

10. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

You know what, we are hurting. We're even beating up on DB now. Sure he drops a pass here and there, I know b/c no one was as mad at him as anyone, on the forth down play against New England in the playoffs that he dropped that ended the game for us, but lets give the kid a break. JFish did have them ready to play, He can't block for them, catch missed passes, or make KC grow two more feet so he can stop getting balls batted down. He can't control these guys like puppets, bottom line...THE PLAYERS HAVE TO PLAY, they just played bad. First game, they will figure it out and get it together. We all have to remember, contrary to opinion I honestly believe we ARE rebuilding. I give it another year then the chemeistry will be there, and we will not have to have these microscopic topics. I am as pissed off as anyone and ready to hand some team a throbbing beat down, but patience, they too will come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar