Hey Coach Fisher ..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

If you can't field a winning team, then find some way to add value to the experience. The product is two-bit right now.

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

DB deserves being ripped along with some of the other recievers. Re-building or not, you have to make certain plays. Especially the easier ones. Guys make those catches everyday in high school and college so I'm not excepting any more excuses for sloppy execution. They weren't prepared.

3. Riverman

No it really has something to do with pocket presence, vision, an arm and possibly some pump fakes. Surprisingly, he had enough time to at least get a 2nd or 3rd read before releasing the ball.

The fans you say gave up in 5 minutes had the place rockin' in the 4th quarter when the D was playing with balls.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That's the loudest I've heard the place in a long time.
    The crowd was perfect all day long, with making noise for the D and sending the boo's when warrented.

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

That's what I'd expect, but it doesn't excuse the fact that the crowd never gave Collins a chance and showed up ready to boo him.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

he deserved what he got :moon2:

7. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Yeah, I don't get how anyone can defend KC after seeing him play when it counted.

Call it like it is, DB dropped, Troupe caused an INT, but KC suck-diddly-ucked.

The crowd booed when the plays failed.

To hear someone cry about poor KC getting booed, and suggesting that Drew or Ben deserved the boos is just not thinking of how it seemed to Drew or Ben on the field. The crowd was booing them too.

8. Riverman

The crowd gave Collins a chance- he blew it. He looked like brown beans out there from the get-go. You really don't believe the fans would have booed if Collins went out there and moved the ball down-field do you?

Other points taken, many boos were for Fisher, Chow and the franchise for bringing a guy (not Collins personally) who wasn't getting it done. Titans fans have not been this desparate for a home opener win since the franchise came to Nashville. The stakes were high- EVERYONE knew it. The boos were appropriate.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Yep!
    Collins was booed once when the pocket collapsed on 3 sides in about one second and he was sacked. Those same boos were followed by a chant for "Volek, Volek, Volek".

It was pretty embarrassing.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree 100%, and said such in another thread.
    The boo's were SPOT ON!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar