Hey Coach Fisher ..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Don, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress...

We? You and gunny are a couple now? What is this the bird cage?

Don't like my posts then put me on ignore but don't come off like some twit cry baby.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Talkin of movies, aren't you story behind the 'Crying Game'

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fyi...

Since when is titan jeff the voice of god now? He lost and arguement and got mad. So? It's ok for him to attack me but go read his posts during those volek-collins arguements. My assessment was right on. Those were his positions and now after the fact both he, starkiller and many others look stupid because kerry collins failed miserably. That's why i refer to jeff fisher as an idiot often at the end of my posts because had collins delivered a good performance and a win we would have been calling the move brilliant..

Up until now i have done nothing to rub the noses of the pro collins crowd in the excrement of that horrible sunday performance. Should i? I was right! Collins had no business starting that game and it cost us. Veteran leadership my @$$! Coaches know best bullcrap!

Note: I went back and read every titan jeff post on the thread in which those quotes occured and my assessment was right on. I didn't mischaracterize a damn thing he said. He was out of line, dishonest and frankly very very wrong!

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

RT,

I was modestly supportive of the Collins move then he dropped a turd Sunday at LP field. I agree with you that Collins (versus Volek) starting that game no doubt was a major factor in the loss.

I've come to realize, however, my motivation really is just about getting a home win. We've had so few over past couple of years and I'm paying alot of money to feel bad about a team I support. I think that is the major reason I'm anti-Collins, Chow, Fisher, Schwartz, Reese and everything else now.

Fisher really is a decent HC. I recognize he is making "long term" decisions to try to steer the ship through the tempest of salary cap hell. Starting Collins is one decision he has made. We didn't get the win, so I'm as pissed as anybody, especially since he looked so bad. But as the cliche goes, the season is like a marathon, not a sprint. So I am going to lay off of everybody and stop flinging turds until game 5. If we are 0-5, Collins is still starting, our offense hasn't improved, then I'm calling for Fisher and Co's (including Reese's) head. If we win less than 6 games, by the end of the season same thing.

I am totally about getting some wins. Maybe we'll see why Fisher has made such a controversial choice before then and get us a decent win.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Rainman

Having re read the whole Volek blew it thread I fail to see where TJ personally attacks you as opposed to attacking what your you were saying.. When I followed Brian's link to the 2004 thread it was like deja vu reading the way you make personal digs at people with your posts.

Your perception of other members posts is clearly different to the norm. I can't decide if this is down to atavism or autism but for now I feel atavism may be a little harsh.

The story on Collins-Volekgate is still unfolding & is too early to make judgement on as is Fisher's.

6. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Been to their site many times over the years. I think I even have a Fraidy Cat shirt around somewhere from one of our tailgate roadtrips.

Love Ali G. by the way. Got hooked on him years ago in the UK.

Attached Files:

7. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I don't see how he dropped such a big turd!!! He made some bad passes but who doesn't. He had more good passes dropped than anything else. It's funny how the players are sticking up for him when they didn't for Volek??? I guess they don't know what their talking about and radical fans like RollTide do. Typical. Collins sure doesn't look like Joe Monatana but he did play well enough to win that game. Our recievers are god awful and they killed us all day and so did all the usless penalties.... Not to mention, our secondary had their lunch eaten all day... There was a heck of a lot more going on than just Collins. This is football, right?

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I have to agree to an extent. It's not Collins' fault that he only has two weeks experience with this team and just like any other QB in that position he would improve if he lasted long enough to gain some chemistry with the recievers. As far as I know none of us here works in the front office and knows exactly why things have gone down with the Volek situation and I don't see a different W/L outcome had Volek started...

There are so many other questionable weak spots on this team right now that it seems ridiculous to continue to blather complaint-wise about it when every single on of us knows Vince is going to take over this position very very soon...
    Until the secondary deal with passing games at least as "good" (for lack of a better term) as The Jets it matters not who's throwing the balls for the powder blue...

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I just said a turd, not a big turd. Truth is, it was a high risk play to start somebody who had been with team for a few weeks as opposed to 6 years and knew the Chow system better. A sub-par performance was bound to be poorly received (which it was). Cap that with the desperate need for a home win, and yes, it appears Collins (and those that put him in there) served up a turd.

His play was at best poor. He admits it himself. I'm not going to deny his supporting cast sucked also, but they were not brought in 3 weeks before the home opener and started above those who know the system better. Collins had balls batted down, poor throws, hasty progressions and no mobility resulting in a few sacks. That's all on him- not his receivers. Volek would have done better.

Still, I'm going to back him and Fisher for 5 more games to get a win. They blew it with the easiest one on the schedule, so they better make up for it with a surprise win.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When has Volek ever proved that without the talent he had around him during the lacerated spleen year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar