Hey Ewker - about VY....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Hooky Hornstein, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, he was 19-29 for 218 yards.

He is the best football player I've ever seen, and I'm 55 years old.

2. ROCKYMTNTITAN

ROCKYMTNTITAN Camp Fodder

You can bet that Ewker will still find a flaw in his game...the INT, something

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Vince continues to improve his completion % on a weekly basis. Last week, 60% this week, 65%.

4. Supdawg,

True. And this will continue to improve as teams watch the highlights of this game and realize what a weapon Vince is when he runs the ball.

His running adds a dimension to his passing that very few players in history have ever had. He's a legitimate threat to take it to the house on any given play.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Vince has been improving every game, but his game isn't flawless. He still needs to improve in many areas. I don't know why it is such a big deal that someone doesn't like Young, though.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Dude, nobody said he was flawless...but SOME PEOPLE refuse to give him any credit. Especially when they never thought he would amount to anything in the NFL. And being a Titan fan, after VY has lead us to 4 straight victories, how could anyone not like him? Cutler isn't exactly lighting it up and neither is Leinart, both are doing so-so, but they don't have that killer instict that Vince does. It's okay, he'll always have his doubters and every time he messes up, they'll be there to call him on it. I'll take Vince.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Anyone should be able to find flaws in his game. He's a rookie. He didn't throw for a TD today, and he had an INT that was a bad throw.

He's a great player, and I'm convinced he's going to lead us to some great seasons in the future, but I think people are coming down pretty hard on anyone who isn't saying he's an amazing passing QB right now, which he isn't. He had a pretty good day passing today, but not a great day. He's got work to do, let the people who have criticisms take their time to come around.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

My biggest fear is this team starts sitting around waiting for Vince to win games in the last minute. We looked very flat today most of the game.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Texans are a talented team. I can see it. They just need a better QB.

10. plato

plato Camp Fodder

Criticisms of a rookie QB is weak in the first place and Who said Vince was an amazing passer? That is a misleading statement...

Troy Aikman had a lower rating than Vince his rookie year and that worked out fine.. All rookies have flaws, Duh!... I thinkl Vince now has the 2nd most wins for any rookie QB in last 30 years maybe more...and close to a 90 rating over the last 3 games... Two more good games and he will be rookie of the year,IMHO.. What else could you ask from a rookie who many thought would be a huge bust...... He should be cut a lot of slack...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar