Hey look over here Titans front office

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^It makes a difference trust me, it really does. If any black guy walks into a bar full of brothers and throws out the N word with a hard "R" at the end, he'd be fine. You try that, you might not be going home.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

We aren't in a bar..

3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This organization ain't gonna pay any more money than they have to... For god sakes, their name is the TITANS.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

ANYWHERE then. Even in YOUR house you're getting smacked for using certain language if you don't fall into the minority being discriminated on. Don't act like you're stupid. Good grief.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I still wouldn't pay Chris Johnson. Part of being a man is doing things that you don't like even if they aren't fair.

If he didn't like the offer, then he should have just declined the Titans draft offer and re-entered the draft the following season ala Michael Crabtree style (but not itch out)

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not anywhere - not here. Have you read the board rules?
    Now who's the stupid one?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Looks like there'sa new Jesse in town

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Add it all up and we have:

Base $12.825 mil
    Bonus $12.63 mil

Or, $25.46 mil for five years. That's less than $5.1 mil per season.

$5.1 mil a year doesn't touch what he's going to want. Maybe change that 2010 signing bonus to something closer to $15 mil instead of the suggested $6.75 mil and you may have something. That gets him closer to $6.7 mil which is a mil a season less than MJD and $2 mil less than Jackson.

That guaranteed money will have to go up for CJ to accept, IMO.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

i like how TitansErick is trying to get this thread back on track but i just isn't happening. lol And for the record JC, there of tons of black guys like myself who get offended by the N word, no matter what color you are. It's a derogatory word and those who say it to make it mean good are wasting their time. It is not right for anyone no matter what race, to use racial slurs. Although im not sure if Jew is a racial slur or not, someone help me out here. Is Jew a race or religion? Can a guy become a Jew? anyways back to CJ, he does deserve more money. So did A.P. his rookie season. Doesn't mean the Titans have to pay him. If Vince had a unbelievable year and felt he should be paid more and we pay him, then he sucks the next year will he give the money back? Nope. What if we re-work CJs deal then he gets hurt week 1? Then we'll look dumb. The Titans have the best RB in the league for a bargain, they are smart for not paying him. If he felt he could have ran for 2,000 yds then his agent should have handled that before he signed his deal. IMO the only thing i would be for is giving him a modest bonus if its possible, just to shut him up. Then after 2 more years then we can begin negotiating.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pony up the signing bonus in an uncapped year. Sounds smart to me to get CJ some mo money and limit the effects to primarily Bud's profit margin.

Sounds like the FO is putting the word out they want to have a sit down. Good move.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...2/Titans+hope+to+meet+with+Chris+Johnson+soon

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5219261

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar