High Expectations Follow Gage After Contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's a damn shame he wasn't one of the WR's Young flew to Houston last season. He might have even grown into the guy he talks about growing into now had he had some kind of more confidence and familiarity with his QB.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Roby flew to Houston. Didn't really get him anywhere. Bonding trips aren't everything, though I'm glad that they were making the effort.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Yeah, but Gage isn't Roby. Could have actually benefitted him. He wasn't anywhere on the radar though...

4. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

you know when i read the titansonline article a few seasons ago about us aquiring gage. I was very excited. I finally felt that we had a wr that could produce somewhere in the future. i was right. it sounds like he knows wat his mission is for 08, he needs no less then 900 yards but 1000 would be nice. its been a few years since weve had one WR doing a bulk of the work, but with the mix we have this year i think gage will be able to find seperation and make a big impact. The fact that he will be lining up with a much more diverse titans offense this year should mean that teams cannot focus only on him. Alot of attention will be paid to Johnson, crumpler should also help stir things up. i hope gage isnt a bust, from wat i saw last year i think hes the real deal

5. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

GLinks said it best when we signed Gage, he's a receiver suited to Vince's abilities. Though I didn't expect him to end up being our best receiver, I did expect him to at least fit into the scheme. Remains to be seen if he has the ability to step it up a notch.
    Additionally, all the articles this off-season seem to be about how the WRs intend to not suck this year. Fantastic.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The High expectations will be in good company, because every db in the league will be folowing him too.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

thats debatable. Having Chris Johnson and Alge Crumpler in the mix will take some pressure off of him, IMO. Also, if teams put a spy on Young as much as they did last season, he can tear it up over the air. Vince Young will develop as a passer next season...I can't wait

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Going from a guy who not many Titans fans knew to becoming our top 2 WR and a new contract. Yep, their are some high expectations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar