Hire James Lofton!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

The fire-happy Chargers have fired receivers coach James Lofton. Lofton is the guy responsible for the amazing development of Vincent Jackson and Chris Chambers has said Lofton is "one of the greatest receiving coaches in the game.". Apparently Norv "Psycho" Turner may have thought Lofton was gunnin' for his job. Get him. :grrhee:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8062da30&template=with-video&confirm=true

2. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

sign em up! sounds good to me

3. Nine

Nine Starter

Sign him up, hell.....I say, SUIT him up!

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The Chargers are gradually moving towards Norv Turners level of incompetence.

5. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

i was coming on here to post the exact same thing haha.....so basically, i agree.......we need someone like this, since most of our wr's are still young, and they all have alot of potential still.....and i am sure we will be drafting another wr

6. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Ill give you Jackson, but come on you cant claim Chambers! He was a go top receiver in Miami, he was developed well before he got to San Deigo

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Crazy...they fire the coach of the one position that actually played well through the playoffs.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Don't bash norv turner.. Look how far his team got and they played the pats tough.

As far as lofton being a great Wrs coach what has he done up until this year? He had that job since 2002.

I think part of the firing has to do with top pick craig davis and his development.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Before we go nuts, it's important to remember that the San Diego WRs did absolutely nothing for the past several years. They had a decent playoffs this year, but before that they were a total non-factor.

Now, that may have been due to several factors, including the fact that most looks went to LT and Gates, the development of Philip Rivers and the fact that the Chargers used to actually let Keenan McCardell get on the field.

10. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

the amazing development of V. Jackson? He had 3 good playoff games. In the regular season, he was medicore at best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar