History Says We Lose Week One...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

:thumb:

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Vince didn't really have a bad outing the 2nd game against Jax - he hardly threw the ball. After the rough 1st game, the game plan was pretty much to run the ball and control the game. Vince was 7/12 at halftime and the game was within 3. Then we come out of the half with a 70 yard KO return, the next 2 Jax drives end in INTs for a TD. Vince didn't take the field again until midway through the 4th qtr and we were up 24-10. Vince only threw 3 passes in the 2nd half. His 1st half stats weren't killer, but it's not like Jax did anything to shut him down. We played conservative and it paid off.

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I dug up an article from last year's SI. Here's Fisher's prediction for this year's first three games

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

we won't have LaMont back there chasing butterflies ......
    that should count for somethin'

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

He reminds me of Jon Heder's character in the Benchwarmers. He's in the backfield catching butterflies on his glove... lmao.

Vince Young is an extremely smart athlete. period. Obviously, you can say everyone is an athlete in football, but i mean something different.

The man is a double threat already. An established one at that. His instincts have made him great, and he can only be greater. If Vince won the big one back in college, he's gonna win the big one this week. His team chemistry is unmatchable. I have never seen a player care so much about a team. He puts his heart and soul into that team and lord knows we get results. There's no stopping us. It's hardly a cinderella story coming off an 8-8 season, but we'll turn heads that's certain.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think we win simply because of the lack of execution on offense for the Jags

7. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

Besides. If we get up 10-0 or 14-0 by the end of the first, the game is done. Our secondary is improved and they have no pass game to speak of to get back into contention. 21-0/3/6/7 by the half would be a heaven sent. The game would be a nigh-lock.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

one thing's for sure. ....... crowd noise won't be a factor

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

actually Garrard puts more fear in me than Leftwich

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I certainly believe these things about Vince. But he doesn't come through every time. He can't. Otherwise we would have beaten the Pats and gone to the playoffs last season. He didn't. We didn't. I don't know if he's there yet. If he can step up and produce, it'll be another good sign of progress. But this week presents a serious challenge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar