Hit the road Colonel.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

You know what.. I've had a change of heart. I've decided that KFC is not the only solution for our team in 2009. If he really thinks he's an elite starter, he can try his luck by starting elsewhere.

Here's another thing too.. I'm a little annoyed at the colonel for many of the comments he's been making lately. Here's a guy who has gone from "I'm just happy to do what i can to help this team" to "start me or dump me".. Screw you chicken man. Show some loyalty you drunk SOB.

Anyway, I was comparing stats earlier today and thought I'd share what I found out.

- Last year we rushed the ball for 2,199 yards compared to 2,109 this year.
    - our offense's passing yard difference is freakishly close too. 2,878 yards last year compared to 2,819.
    - Our secondary gave up 3,196 passing yards in 2008 compared to 3,187 in 2007.. and 1,478 rushing yards against our defense in 2007 vs. 1,502 in 2008

[​IMG]

So guess which stat jumps out the most?.. int vs. TDs.. :obvious:

I'm sure we all already know this, but for the 9 TDs VY scored last season, he threw 17 interceptions.. KFC on the other hand only gave up the ball 7 times, and scored only 3 more TDs than Vince.. (12).

So I started thinking to myself.. "what was it that made KFC a favorite among fans?" :eh?: simple.. consistency and proper ball management.
    CJ, Jake Scott and Herm helped out as well. Herm took us from one of the worst teams in redzone scoring, to one of the best.

I can remember a dozen times this season where KFC just tossed the ball into the stands because he couldn't find a receiver open and felt the pressure closing in. It was obvious he had it programmed to get rid of the ball whenever in doubt. :scared:

VY however tried to do too much when he had nothing... and then have the nerve to ***** and pout about it on the sidelines. Ego maybe? Experience? Anyway you sniff it, ball management and just not taking the risk was key.

If Jeff could find a way to hack into Vince's small brain and program him to toss the ball away when he no receivers, he might just be a tad better than KFC. The 'tad' comes from his legs and ability to break away from the defenders and scramble for a handful of yards once every quarter.

so I'll officially come out and say it.. KFC is not better than Vince. He's just smarter and more careful.

Don't get me wrong.. Unlike so many Vince Young homers here I'm safely far from becoming one... but, IF Vince was to make a commitment to:

1) Throw the ball into the stands rather than try to squeeze it into the hands of a receiver when in doubt.
    2) Run into daylight whenever he sees an opening.
    3) Grow some balls and never again refuse to re-enter a game or ask to leave one.
    4) Quit making retarded statements such as "aint nobody can tell him nothin"

.........just like I was one of the first to doubt him when he was starting to flop, I'll proudly be one of his first doubters to welcome him back.

I'll bet you this though.. he will never become an elite back or superstar QB.
    At best, he'll evolve into an 'overpaid' yet average ball manager with the ability to occasionally make something out of nothing with his legs once or twice every game.

I'm sure he'll never come close to becoming the next Brett Favre, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady; but regardless.. he can easily become the next KFC.

Now if we could only restructure his contract to match that of KFC's.... I'll fedex him a cookie.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

He has no ability to run any more plus more than likely he is going to injured every season IMO

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:huh:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I don't understand what KFC thinks he did that should guarantee him the starting position for next season other than not mess up as much as Vince Young.
    160 yards passing per game isn't very difficult- No ints on 20 pass attempts isn't very difficult.

He had 2 impressive games all season. The rest, he was just a guy out there that needs to keep it simple. Nothing else. So if he thinks we can't easily replace him with any other FA vet- he's dead wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

I think he is always going to have a hamstring issue

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

And you have absolutely no evidence to support that ridiculous opinion.

7. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

Didn't he injure a Hammy or something last year? and then his knee this year? With defenses being as quick and strong as they are now, he will always have some sort of injury each year since he is a better runner than passer.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

If Saturday's game didn't show the importance of turnovers, I'm not sure what will. If Vince can improve in that category and begin using his legs more he has the chance of being an okay quarterback.

However, in a league where getting value is important as the front office plays the salary cap game, I'm not sure a best case scenario of "okay" is what we're looking for out of a guy with a $58M contract.

For that kinda money, I want McNabb behind center as our dynasty is built.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

If the Titans do decide to keep VY and start him, the next question is what if VY struggles right out of the gates next season? When do you pull him? We all know how important each game is come playoff time espically against division opp.. I think Fisher needs to have a plan and a few backup plans going into next season because things could get ugly early. Hopefully this gets figured out sooner rather then later so we can all start worrying about something else :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar