Hochuli apologizes for phantom call

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Aug 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can hardly remember much from that game. It was one of the more boring ones.

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

This is a non story if there ever was one.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Please change your sig.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

It wouldn't have mattered guys, yall need to chill, and at least he apologized, better than doing nothing.

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I doubt he would have gotten 2108 or whatever the record is but 2070 sure would look a lot better than 2006.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not chilling on that BS. I get so sick of Mike Piera (sp?) getting on NFL network to spin the refs way out of bad calls. We have something like 10 cameras that replay the infractions that are either blatantly called incorrectly or missed and Piera gets up there and puts a nebulous and unassailable reasoning behind why the refs weren't wrong.

I've never once heard Piera say "hey we just got that one wrong". The only reason we are hearing Hochuli say it now is because he has been reprimanded by the league. We all know that there are going to be bad calls and accept it is part of the game. I believe that not busting some balls over the bad keeps the refs who make bad ones getting the games. I'm glad to see Hochuli was canned from the playoffs. I wish he'd have apologized immediately. He knew he blew it.

(Just my perception but I think Hochuli always seems to make close/questionable calls against the Titans. I don't recall one he made going our way as opposed to other refs.)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Hentak was the worst, hope he is retired

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, major reactions on here.

Hochuli didn't hold a press conference here, he went up to the two guys themselves and told them that he knew he'd made a mistake, and he was sorry. I'm glad he did that. Much better than never talking about it again and hiding behind the league guys. The story exists because the players chose to talk about it, because they appreciated the fact that he was willing to admit his error. I appreciate that too.

Also, as mentioned before, he did get punished for it. He got a horrible grade from that game which kept him from officiating the next weekend in a playoff game. What? You people want him killed? Calm down. Or at least save your anger for the refs in the Ravens game that couldn't call when the play clock said zero.

9. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Good post. That whole thing with Mike Pereira on NFL network is BS. The spin he puts on that stuff is crazy.

Hochuli was also the ref that made that insane call in the Chargers/Broncos game in the season where the Charges ended up beating the Broncos in the very last game to make the playoffs.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Dang, you been stewing on that for a while...:bighomer:

...:ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar