Hoge burries the hatchet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do you enjoy getting shown up or is it just inherit?

Aaron Rodgers hasn't won a playoff games.
    Matt Schaub hasn't
    Peyton Manning took 5 years to win his first playoff game
    Tony Romo took 5 years to win his first play game
    Carson Palmer has never won one either

I could go on but you would fail to see the point anyway

2. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

From footballoutsiders.com
    15. Vince Young TEN 14/27 236 3 1 63 52 12
    Young was 8-of-10 on third down, but his final three completions were all short of the sticks: A four-yard completion on third-and-5, a six-yard completion on third-and-9, and a seven-yard completion on third-and-7. That's not something Young does very often, though. On average, about 15.9 percent of third down plays end in a completion that's short of the first down marker; Young's at 13.2 percent, towards the bottom of the list. Among passers with 50 attempts on third down, the best at completing a meaningless pass is Trent Edwards, who completed a pass while still coming off the field a whopping 30.1 percent of the time. Alex Smith and Shaun Hill are 2-3 at 27.3 percent and 23.5 percent, respectively, with Jason Campbell and Ryan Fitzpatrick behind them. The quarterback who'd rather not give in? Philip Rivers, who only completed a pass that was short of the sticks 7.6 percent of the time.

Now for the list:
    1st 6 no problem
    Tony Romo= hasn't proven he is clutch (NEVER) and he's always had great weapons VY+1

Matt Schaub= things are a lot easier when you have the Beast to throw to
    Warner is retired; Leinart is 0-2 heads up vs. Vince
    Eli Manning= face it, had it not been for the upset over the Pats; he wouldnt be on this list.

Flacco= maybe but still too early to tell, how many pro bowls was he an alternate in?

Palmer = most overrated QB in the league, he's fragile and he too has always had premier weapons

Ryan, Henne, Stafford, Sanchez= No comment; might as well throw Bradford, Clausen, and that neighbor kid of yours who plays Pee Wee. These are all without merit and any impartial statistical analysis bears it out.

But hey this is America; you have a right to think VY sucks. No matter how irrational or unfounded that thought is. At least we can all agree that we are long overdue for a Championship. :)

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

If someone would really want Sanchez over Young....they deserve to have their rights as a Titans fan revoked.

Im sorry, maybe I missed something....but go compare Sanchez stats to Young's 2007(Which everyone wants to revert back to). Now again tell me that you would really want Sanchez over Young.....SMH.

What because Sanchez made it to the AFC game with what was arguablely the best D in the league??? Another Trent Dilfer right there IMO.

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

Vince loves the haters; in fact anyone who has followed his career knows that he rises to occasion when he feeds off negativity. He got snubbed for the Heisman; what did he do? He got snubbed by the Texans; what does he do? In fact, the only risk of VY imploding is if he lets his ego get to him. Let the haters come and let them speak loud; that only motivates Vince. I was in the Marines and I think that has let me see a wide array of characters; I see a champion in Vince and I'm not usually wrong. He just needs the motivation ie haters; so let them speak. They do more good than harm.

you're right though sanchez and stafford are over the top. heck I'm not even vy and that would piss me off.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Sanchez over VY? You people can't be serious.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Unfounded? The guy was so bad just 2 seasons ago that he almost killed himself. Sorry for thinking that he might not be that great.

Stafford, Henne, Sanchez- all in their first years in their offense looked more like Pro QBs than Vince Young ever has.
    Sanchez' rookie stats are pretty close to Young's but- we have to take in to account that Sanchez actually THROWS the ball. He didn't just pitch and throw screens like Vince has for the first 3 years of his career.

Take it for what it's worth. These guys can actually make NFL throws without them seeming like flukes. So I of course, logically, think they'll pass Vince up.

And well done. You posted a link that has him at #15. Mediocre. I've got no issue with that.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Aaron Rodgers scored 45 points for his team. This ain't basketball, you can't blame him for the poor defense. That would be like blaming our defense for a our last 2 playoff losses against the Chargers and Ravens. In Vince's entire career he's never even SNIFFED that many points for his team.

Matt Schaub is on the Texans. What a quality organization. Their run game and defense is not even CLOSE to what Vince has inherited and benefited from.

Peyton was drafted by a team that was absolutely terrible. He turned them from 3-13 to 13-3 in 1 season. Um, that's decent.

The point is that Vince INHERITED a top defense, offensive line, running game, and all in all established organization. If that doesn't prove that this is a quarterback league and you MUST have a top one in order to compete at the highest level, I don't know what will.

Hell, Kerry Collins who is a terrible quarterback had a 13-3 record. Is he a 'winner'? Um, no. If he played for Oakland, he would be 3-13. But, as usual, the cream rises in the playoffs, and the best quarterbacks make it the furthest.

We can have all of the above, but if we have a below average (average at best) quarterback, we might as well get used to having all our football fun before the new year each season.

8. joelmunroe

joelmunroe Camp Fodder

I like the guy when he's game managing and not taking too much on himself, and he can play well in that atmosphere. On the other hand, I seriously cannot explain the uncontrollable cringe I do EVERY single time he throws a pass to a player I cant see on the TV screen, good god its impossible to overcome. For that one second it takes for the camera to pan over your left with crazy thoughts of what your going to see when it catches up to the ball.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The more I think about the term 'game manager' i realize it means nothing more than a terrible quarterback. If there is one thing this team has had at the QB position since McNair retired, it's a game manager. And, ironically no playoff wins with a top RB, O-line, and Defense. For the Vince faithfuls, what specifically should we blame our lack of playoff wins since Vince has been on our roster on?

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with you, game manager is a nicer way to say sorry excuse of a QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar