Hoge Says: "Titans are Best team in the NFL"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Maybe it's just an illusion since every ball Vince throws is into double coverage, at a lineman, wildly overthrown, or simply at the other team.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Vince actually throws a pretty nice deep ball, I just don't think the receivers get the seperation necessary to pull it in..

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

His deep balls are rainbows...

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

VY can throw it deep, but his accuracy is ehhhhhhhhHHHHHH

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

but there never seems to be a pot of gold at the end..just a defender or a patch of grass.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Lets take a look at all the OTHER reasons to maybe, just MAYBE Vince Young isn't to completely blame for the sub-par passing performance of 2007:

1: Norm Chow-predictable play-calling only helps the opposing defenses

2: Sophmore slump- ALMOST every quarterback goes through it......there is a learning curve for the position.......... widely regarded as the largest

3: no Chris Johnson- Chris Johnson's mere presence stretches defenses and draws attention

4: Vince's leg- He was hurt ALL season long.....which in turn....

5: lack of wide reciever playmaking- Our wide recievers can not consistently provide decent seperation required to not to have to make the quarterback make a damn perfect throw.....so when there are no options he could run....too bad he was hurt

6: we are not a "pass happy" team- at least we are aren't with Norm Chow... Dinger is slowly but surely opening up the playbook to where we will be more explosive with Alge, CJ, etc. remember all the bootlegs againist the vikings? Those were for Vince.......btw notice how Kerry couldn't hit the wide recievers deep either.........

7: see the monday nighter versus Denver last year- this game proved to me Vince has what it takes to not only be a good quarterack....but an elite one........

8: He has only been in the league 2 years- He willed his team to victories in 06 and was hurt for most of 07.........give the kid a real chance.......don't tell me our team went to the playoffs despite young.....when he arrived our team changed.....he sparked our offense and inspired the defense

9: Jacksonville game this year- his first interception was not horrible but bad.....but he was under heavy pressure.....it happens.......the second one was a freak play....end of story.....harvey made an absolutely unbelievable play on it

10:Kerry Collins is a 14 year veterean- of course he going to make some throws better but to say he is heads and shoulders above the rest are mentally-retarded

11: the boos- I am ashamed of my fellow titan fans to boo our quarterback....who is still a rookie in my oh so humbe opinion.......you jump on him because that is what the media did.....what hodge podge did because you don't really watch the games....just the highlights......because if you watched the games you would know Vince is steadily improving....yes mistakes will be made....that is frickin inevitable.....but to sell him down the river after one year ( he was the sole reason for 06 wins...don't even try to argue it)

All in all Vince Young is a work in progress, but is coming into his own....whether you really want to believe it or not.........You want to complain that Vince wasn't analyzing the game???? maybe perhaps he was giving a finger to the fickle fans who turned on him so quickly.......also he invited all the recievers to join him this last offseason to work on routes and timing........the recievers never showed up.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Very good post. I agree with all this, although I am a little disturbed that he doesn't set his feet well. I think Dinger can fix that, and I think VY will be a Top 10 QB in the NFL next year, barring further mental/physical damage.

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

So can Mike Tyson and Mr.T

Doesn't make either an NFL QB,

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Here's my take on Collins.

He has all the time in the world because the offensive line is beastly. Even the supposed best D line in the NFL couldn't touch him. With all the time in the world Collins can really make our passing game much better. If the Vikings with their big defensive tackles and pro bowler Jared Allen couldn't touch Collins I doubt the old Ravens will.

10. T Atlas

T Atlas Guest

I dunno, Ravens have some interesting blitz packages. They love to overload the sides or middle, and on few occasions they came in untouched against pitts. Course Pittsburg has a horrible O-line, but when they come in untouched, its kinda scary.

RB and FB blockers in the pass game will be helpful against this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar