Holy.. Ben Troupe?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ryan, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Troupe is gone when free agency begins. If the Titans can't find anyone via free agency or the draft, then MAYBE, they'll sign him and give him a training camp to show something.

I personally think they'll do better bringing in an undrafted rookie.

2. Troupe is done here. Someone will sign him because of his athleticism, but the guy just can't figure out which end of the playbook is up...

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

We all know he can make the "wow" plays, but as others have said, the bonehead plays outweigh the worth of those wow plays.

Can Dinger find some ways to use his strengths as a receiver? I think there's only the very slightest possibility of us seeing that happen. Especially when the strengths are limited by his hands and apparently his brain as well.

4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

We need to dump Troupe and sign LJ Smith in FA.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm pretty split on Troupe's future. My head tells me he's gone, and deservedly so. But I think Heimerdinger could find value in him. The problem is we have a bunch of guys who fill so many roles. I think Hartsock could be kept, just because he's the best blocker. Scaife will obviously remain. I wonder if Petrowski gets to fight against Hartsock this offseason. Not sure how he is as a blocker, but (whoopteedoo) he was NFLEurope's best TE. I don't see Cramer here next year.

Personally, I don't think we ever should have cut Sean McHugh.

I would take the chance to bring Troupe back to camp. We gave Woolfolk that much at least, and I would say that, upon further review, Troupe has proven somewhat more valuable than Andre, even if he is a greater disappointment.

I see a TE coming in the draft if we don't get someone in FA or via trade.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Troupe was good when Volek was throwing to him. And he showed a lot of promise his first year. I don't think a player just loses that. He just isn't used right. Someone will use him like he's supposed to be used, and we'll feel crappy watching it.

7. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

he would be about as useful as Givens was to this team

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Two posts, one after the other, that summarise my exact sentiments. I seem to recall having another receiver with freakish measurables who didn't quite pan out... Here's a hint, he's not the gingham dog.

All that being said, though I don't expect him to do jack, I kinda hope he gets one last hurrah with Dinger. I'd rather be wrong about him now and he turns out to be a franchise TE then be right and he turns out to be another wasted pick.

9. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Who is Givens????????:) :)

10. DLS33

DLS33 Guest

All of these people who are all of the sudden wanting Troupe to hang around Nashville and continue to drop passes from a struggling Vince Young for one more year can go elsewhere. Somehow they have forgotten that Troupe has led the team in drops for TWO years in a row. Somehow they have forgotten that all POTENTIAL means is he(troupe) has not done it yet.(it being perform at a PROFESSIONAL level. This is the NFL, and mediocore should not be accepted. Troupe is as good as gone, and these people that defend him can go with him for all I care. These are the same people that blame Vince for horrible play calling, horrible receivers(6 of Vince's pick's were off of tipped passes). However Vince does have some Maturing to do this offseason and hopefully he will do so.. However for the original arguement Troupe is DONE in Nashville.. peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar