Honest opinions on Lendale White?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

I think he'll be fine. The guy got a first down about once every 4 carries. He also averaged 4 yards a carry. What more can you ask out of a backup rookie RB?

Know how many times Reggie Bush got a 20+ yard carry? Zero out of 155 attempts.

I want to see a season that he can take the starting role before I call him a bust.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

[​IMG]

He can take these rolls for sure. Won't see anybody any faster.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oh he's talented enough
    just not 'motivated' enough

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as it should because they couldn't be more polar opposites
    I think the only thing they might have in common is the jersey

5. 2ToneBlue

2ToneBlue Starter

From what I've read he's been working out hard with Vince and the rest of the team. He's not a cut, muscle builder, but he's a load. We knew we were getting a large back if you watched any of his USC film. There's a reason he was called the thunder, to the lightning. The guy falls forward, runs hard behind his pads, and gets first downs. If you average 4 yards a carry all year long with 300 carries, you do the math. If we get another back to split carries he could get his stats cut in half. Doesn't mean he's a bust though.

If you watched him last year, you saw him running hard.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ I agree
    some make too much of his build
    but take into consideration the offensive philosophy
    a bruiser / bowling ball back works well here

as long as he stays healthy, i'll overlook the bulk

7. Nine

Nine Starter

I think Puck has pretty much nailed it....but I'm afraid Riverman may not be far from the truth, either.

However, I remember watching him in college....even in his sophomore year, he was a standout talent. I actually preferred Lendale over Reggie Bush....Lendale reminded me a lot of a young Jerome Bettis.

Now he's seen the commitment required to be successful in the NFL....it's up to him whether he's another Bettis, or another Ron Dayne.

8. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

if he gets in shape, i think he'll be great. I have a feeling we'll draft a RB in the later rounds anyway

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Nothing he's done has showed heart, desire, or a work ethic to make me like him. He's an immature kid who does the bare minimum and that bothers me when your getting paid millions to do your job.

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If you're just talking about playing style, they are very similar, but LenDale has not showed near the determination and work ethic that made Eddie great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar