Honest opinions on Lendale White?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans10&25, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

He sucks and was a waste of a pick. JMHO

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Man with all the professional level talent evaluation on these boards, NFL teams should definitely consult here first. Coulda saved the Titans a lot of $ had they known what these folks know about Lendale...
    :hang:

3. ONUV

ONUV Starter

as i've said, from the stories i've heard from somebody very close to the running backs, White doesn't sound like a nice guy. He might just have a lot of growing up to do. I don't think the Titans can put all their eggs into the White basket.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

And to think just less than a year ago, he was the steal of the draft.

5. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

He could end up still being a steal. Just needs to embrace the game and understand what it does for him. It looks like the Bears may have accomplished that task with Cedric Benson. Lendale, however, is a lot fatter.

[​IMG]

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Precisely.

He was slighted down into the 2nd round of the draft,his injury was doubted as legit due to a reputation for questionable work ethic & a love for food.

Wrong a guy like that & expect to see a very driven young man with a chip on his shoulder out to prove to teams what they missed out on.

Point the finger at the guy correctly & expect him to feel sorry for himself & take out his pain on a bucket of KFC.

I rest my case.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I just don't understand what is so hard about getting in shape when you are his age and that is basically your job.

Gosh, one hour a day of running and lifting weights should be enough to get some of the flab off his body. Just do it.

This guy could be a solid starting RB for years to come but in a different way he could be ruining his career like Pacman. Pump some iron, run some laps, get on with it.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I believe Overalls says it best:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=654215&postcount=13

Personally I would rather give the guy a chance then say because he is this weight or that weight he is not going to play well. Allot of great players do not fit the typical mold. There differences make them stronger. If LW is listed at 6'2" he is going to have more pounds then a guy at 5'10". He has done nothing to prove to us that he can not play. He averaged 4.0 YPC and made a few nice plays for us. Lets let him fail before we say he is a failure.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Well said...
    Lest we recall that the Rams felt the same way about Bettis after his rookie year and the Steelers laughed all the way to the bank...

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Ha... I can guaranty you never saw those words out of my keyboard... :grrhee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar