Hood Works in Place of Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Only a couple bad games??

Griffin has been garbage all year long. Tackles like a girl and covers like Lamont Thompson now.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Last year with the same secondary we had all pro bowlers, this year we suck, wonder why? Pass rush. its not that hard to see boys and girls, I mean really the loss of an effective pass rush is the only difference between defenses the past 2 seasons, but of course its all the secondarys fault because theyre not coming up with shut down play or turnovers

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Which is a direct result of AH leaving and FISHER BEING STUBBORN about insisting on rushing just 4 and not blitzing, so there ya go.

If they would blitz once in a great while they might actually stop opponents on third and long.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

THat was a great post by rock8titans!!!!! Well said my friend. Fisher is at fault for 80 percent of our problems this year. I dont remember harper making the pro bowl. Hood may not be great but harper is terrible, I would drather see the rookies and see someone different get torched and jeff you play zone and dont blitz........Rivers will torch us. But hey you have let it happen all year long. Its fisher's way or the highway and I say after week 17 he needs to get on I-65

5. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

Excellent point...I could see from preseason and the 1st game that our pass rush was broke.

We need to dial up more blitzes in my opinion because the front 4 isn't getting it done. I think we would get more turnovers. No one can cover for 7-8 seconds and that is what their QB has a lot of the time. Just look at the Miami game. Last year we had almost constant push and pressure which was due, of course, to AH's being in a contract year or at least it seemed that way.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Exactly, I mean, blitzing is a gamble, but you just cant sit back and get torched, especally with a guy like Rivers tonight, I mean look at the Boys-Saints game, a little pressure makes a big difference

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yea Brees has even said once they get in a rhythm and things start going their way is when they can put up a lot of points. if you let a qb settle in and play how he wants then he is going to have a easy day. you have to mix things up and not let Rivers get in his groove cause it'll be what they want. they are hoping we cant figure out their weakness so they can march down the field laughing and scoring.

when you see rivers throwing incomplete passes and saying f*** then you know they are out of their rhythm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar