Hooker v Lattimore -- Draft Wars Semi Final

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Hammer, Apr 21, 2017.

?

Who would you rather the Titans draft

Poll closed Apr 24, 2017.
  1. Malik Hooker

28.6%
  2. Marshon Lattimore

71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8isGreat

8isGreat Starter Tip Jar Donor

Excellent post! And sorry about the spoiler! :homer:Doh!

Guess I just got overly excited and wanted to share!

Anyhow, I never said I don't think Lattimore will ever complete 1 season in the NFL, I said if he never completes more than 1 season. Lots of players, even flashes in the pan can complete at least 1 season but are then still gone from the league.

And I still believe he can have a career in this league, but based on his injury history, he will most likely have to work harder to stay healthy than the average player -- hence the, "more than 1 season" comment. If he completes more than 1 full season, it shows me that he's willing to put in the extra work in conditioning and nutrition. Not to bore you to death, but I was a Strength/Personal Trainer for several years and typically find that people with recurring injuries usually have to work harder to condition those parts of their bodies and in addition, maintain strict nutritional habits (in order to reduce inflammation and keep the injury from recurring). Like you exactly stated, "it will have to be managed". That's exactly what I was getting at with my "more than 1 season" comment. It will prove to me that he's properly working to manage it.

Finally, I didn't mean to come off sounding like a jerk. I more than likely would never actually follow through with making you guys eat crow or telling you guys I told you so. And like I've said several times, I really like Marshon Lattimore from what little I know of him; he seems like a great kid. I don't want to see any of these players suffer through injury and not be able to fulfill their dream. That sucks!

My competitive nature (even when it comes to something like scouting prospects) often gets the best of me. That and my love for the Titans and desire for them to succeed has me really passionate about these picks and I desperately don't want the Titans to blow either of their 1st rounders (especially considering we don't have a 2nd). I'm just really worried we are going to pick Lattimore and I'm going to look back on this draft in several years, knowing we could have had Adams, Hooker, or Howard who I believe will be studs in this league for years to come.

Lattimore very well could also be one of those studs as well, but my instincts are telling me otherwise.

#31 8isGreat, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I was just teasing about the spoiler thing!:cool:

Hey, we wouldn't be on a team website debating college players for months if we weren't passionate fans!!! It's all good and I totally get where you're coming from. But from the Titans perspective, I'd imagine their medical people would not only know exactly the extent and frequency of his injuries, but what has he been doing to keep this from recurring. What have been his stretching, eating, blah blah blah leading into and during last season? Confirm that with OSU's coaching staff and trainers and they will know if he's already doing this or if he's simply been 'lucky' this year. That will go a long ways towards them thinking he can manage this or not.

And is it a risk? Yes. But all of the players are. We see them as players, not people. We don't know them. We can call Jamal Adams a totally safe pick but that doesn't mean anything more than he hasn't been a problem and appears to have his head on straight. The Chance Warmack's show you can be a solid player and have your head on straight...but just underperform...even with a HOF OL as you HC and a HOF OL as your OL Coach. Something on paper that should be a slam dunk doesn't always work out that way. So I always temper my expectations.

Is it possible we take Lattimore and we end up regretting it? Sure, but we could also take Adams and end up regretting it. I'll leave the medical to the medical staff and HOPE they know what they are doing!!! Keep your fingers crossed!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar