Hope Excited About Return for 2008 Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Roughly a month removed from neck surgery following a season-ending spinal cord injury, Chris Hope says feels great and will be ready to play football in 2008. "If anything, if I had to do it all over again, I would have (had surgery) a little sooner," Hope said. "I healed really quickly. I was back lifting weights in two or three days after surgery, running. I haven't been feeling any different. I feel great. I'm already looking forward to next season." Before the injury Hope had 60 tackles and two interceptions in 11 games. He's sorry he didn't get to play more with Michael Griffin in those final games. "I felt like I was getting in the groove in the middle of the season, and not being able to finish the season was frustrating. I would have liked to play more with Griff, so we could have worked together and jelled even more," Hope said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think his successful return is way more important for this team than most people realize. We need him.

3. DaCrackDeala

DaCrackDeala Guest

I agree. We do need him....

I like his comments about wanting to get more pt with Griff. I wish the same thing too.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think it says a lot that when he was put on IR he was still at practice and traveling with the team.

coaches don't typically allow players to do that.

5. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Glad to hear he's recovering well. He was missed.

6. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Great news good for you Chris, looking forward to see you outhere playing..

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Agreed this is very good news for next season. Best safety tandem we've had since Bishop/Roberston.

I was interested to see if we would draft Marcus Griffin. Still wouldn't mind him, would be a good backup at S. If Hope is healthy I think it reduces the chances we'll draft a safety though. Especially in the 3rd round where Griffin is projected.

8. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

griffen said he would lobby for the team to take his bro, keep in mind he said this when he was drafted

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

im also very happy for hope...he is a very very good safty and i want him in our 2ndary for yrs to come

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Man if he can come back and be effective that is huge for this d that is already very stingy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar