Hope, Greisen and Bentley in Town

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans continue to explore the free agency market. Steelers free safety Chris Hope visited Baptist Sports Park yesterday while Giants linebacker Nick Greisen and Seahawks linebacker Kevin Bentley are coming in today. The 5-11, 206-pound Hope led the Steelers with three interceptions last season, and recorded 97 tackles. Reese indicated the Titans are one of at least three teams in the running for Hope, who has two more visits set up for later this week, including one with the 49ers. Greisen is regarded as a better fit at middle linebacker, an area of need for the Titans. He finished with 79 tackles last season. Bentley, who is capable of playing all three linebacker spots, had 22 tackles last season for Seattle.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans are playas!!

3. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

i think that if greisen is signed, sirmons done. bently would replace rocky

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think we will sign one as a backup to Sirmon incase he can't take it as a MLB.

Bentley is handy because he can play all three positions, making him an ideal backup.

5. titanjay

titanjay Guest

well, we've already signed Thornoton....now it seems like we'll sign Givens....will we have enough left to sign Hope? I 'hope' so.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

which is more important right now, another LB or a safety. We can get by with LB's we have now esp since we signed Thornton. I think we go after Hope. It is a bigger need

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Greisen will start in the middle if he signs. He's an animal.

8. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Remember Floyd said that he would be willing to replace players with better ones. So I could see us signing a MLB and cutting Sirmon.

9. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Oh and still having money to sign Hope. I can't believe what big players we have been in free agency. It is giving me a lot of hope for the future. no pun intended

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lets Hope the good news keeps on coming

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar