Hope has been on the market long enough...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ToddTheTitan, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

What is your reasoning behind this?

2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

Because I don't think he is a first round talent. I think he is getting pushed up draft boards due to an incredibly weak safety class. He is good at a lot of things but great at nothing and struggles in man to man cause of his change of direction skills.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

When I think of Harrison Smith I see of an in the box physical safety, I also remember a guy two years ago who posted 7 interceptions. I would love to draft this kid in the 2nd but he will be gone by then. It's like Tannehill going in the top 10, is he worth it definately not but he has the potential to be good. Like Smith (I know they are different positions) he has a good skill set that need develop still.

4. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I'm not against Smith for any reason other than I think the 1st round would be too high for him. 2nd round I'm all for it cause the potential is there but we would have to move up which I would not be against if we really like him.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

We would have to trade up into the early second or late first for him a lot of people believe he'll make it into that end of the 1st round.

6. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

More of the "reach" talk. If the guy fills your need, and you believe you can make him into what you want, it's not a reach.

People on the boards act like trading spots in the draft is an easy thing and quickly suggest trading up or down, but you have to have another team that wants that spot for a certain guy, and you need to make sure you get fair value for the trade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar