Hope Turned Loose on Titans D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: When S Chris Hope was signed by the Titans, he wanted more freedom to make plays. So far, Hope has gotten his wish. "He wanted to be able to sort of spread his wings, so to speak," Titans' defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said. "I think any player doesn't want to be pigeon-holed or (be) a one-trick pony. ... I don't think Chris is any different than any of those other guys." So far this season, Hope has 60 tackles, which ranks third on the Titans' defense and most among the secondary. He also has a team-leading three interceptions, which already has tied his career high, and he has recovered a fumble. "It's real, real, real, real fun," Hope said. "It gives me an opportunity to use my athletic ability to go out and make those same plays I see Troy — and all the other safeties in the league — do."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ahh so that explains why he's playing so well, he isn't doing what Schwartz tells him to, rather what he instinctively feel is right....

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

waiting for the corny he gives us Hope line.

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Isn't that it? OK, now that we've got that outta the way, let's move on... ;)

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Hope is a monster. If only the guy beside him was half as good.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

IMO this has turned out to be one of the better FA signings..so far

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This is what I was HOPEing to see from this guy! :)

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

does anyone know the status of David Thornton's shoulder?

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

lets HOPE its better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar