Hopkins Officially Retires

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: On Wednesday, T Brad Hopkins announced his retirement. Hopkins' 13-year career saw him have 188 starts at left tackle and two Pro Bowls. "These guys I played with and the guys that coached me, that’s what it’s all about," Hopkins said in his press conference yesterday. "Getting up and going to work wasn’t hard because I was surrounded by guys that wanted to hold it together. The fight is hard. The competition is hard. But when you know that the guys surrounding you, you just have an innate love for each other, it makes it easy, and that’s why we play this game. Ultimately, winning is the most important thing, but those relationships that you make and the camaraderie and the brotherhood, those are the things that are going to be most missed. I love all you guys, and I hate the fact that I’m standing up here telling you that I’m going to miss you because I’m going to. But I’ll be around. Good luck."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

a true warrior...

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Thanks for all of those years of protecting Steve's blindside, Brad. Good luck with your broadcasting career.

4. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

how do you think our O-line will do this season?

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think the OL will be the key to the offense's success in '06. I try to be optimistic but you have to think it'll be tough early.

Roos likely won't be an upgrade over Hopkins until he gets some experience on the left side. Despite Hopkins' obvious decline these past couple of seasons, he was still better than average, IMO.

With the question marks on the right tackle side, it tells me there is no clear cut favorite right now. Whether it is Bell, Stewart or Loper, you have a lot of inexperience there and a drop from Roos play last year.

I'm baffled at the Titans approach at the G spot. Piller and Olson have both been disappointments to me and I can't believe one or both weren't upgraded. Now we are hearing they are slimming down a bit which makes you wonder how that'll improve their ability to get a push against big tackles when it's been one of their problems for some time.

The center position is a question mark until Mawae can show he can play at a high level. You'd think if he was a sure thing, he'd never been released in New York. But I think he'll be an upgrade over Hartwig.

I personally don't see the OL being better entering the season than the unit who started '05. But they'll hopefully improve as they gain experience and gel as a unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar