Hopkins To Retire or Resign

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NYTitansFan, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

HERE
    very slim chance we resign him, but i hope we find a way to do so.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like ol' Brad. But I don't really want to resign him. That would mean we have no viable RT on the roster currently.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Hopkins Expects to Retire

SUMMARY: 13-year veteran T Brad Hopkins, who the Titans released in March, expects to retire. "My gut would tell me no (I won't play in 2006)," Hopkins said. "I haven't announced it officially, but I'm really leaning towards sticking around here for my family, I've developed relationships with business people around here that I feel like I've can be productive in. Nashville's my home." Hopkins has visited with a number of teams but none appear to be ready to sign the vet. With experience in broadcasting, Hopkins is a natural to go into that direction with the next phase of his life. "I'm just enjoying my options right now, and realizing that I do have (options)," Hopkins said. "In the past few years I've hosted radio shows, and I've done some things in television, just putting my feelers out there. I'm knocking on the door for preparing myself for the next thing, which I think at this point would be a career in broadcasting."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Another player stayin in Nashville-a assest to the community(except for his incident last year)

5. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

Roos could play right tackle. I don't see that as a problem. If hoppy has a year left in him I say bring him on for cheap.

6. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Brad needs to retire. If he doesn't, I don't want to see him as a Titan next season.

With that being said, I'm glad to hear he considers Nashville his home and I think he'll do very well in Broadcasting, he's very articulate.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Get him signed...

He won't cost much now and he can come into camp and see how it goes. If he struggles in camp he can retire then. That's what many older players do when they know they will be cut or beat out for their starting job.

Hard not to think that a 14 year vet could have something to offer this team. Roos may still be the left side guy but hoppy can compete with bell, looper and stewart for the right side.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If we draft Leinart we might want Roos on the right side anyway. Keeping Hopkins one more year would allow him to retire in style while guys like Stewart, Loper and possibly a rookie get another year under their belts.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He needs to retire. Our O-line sucked last year and as much as I like what I'm hearing from him- I can't overlook the fact that he was the veteran leader on that sucky line.

I think it is terrific he has an "intangible" financial opportunity in the Nashville area. I hope it works out for him. IMO, that's the "right way" for a player-community relationship to go in to the next phase. Eddie blew his and Steve should take notes.

10. TinyTitan

TinyTitan Guest

The Silver Lining Is...

If he retires and stays in Nashville, it would be no big deal to unretire if Roos suffered a serious injury this season. Seriously though, Hopkins has held himself to high standards over the last 13 years (except for the Wendy's incident) and been a big part of the Titans' success. I hate to see him go and retire, but I do think it is time. He just wasn't impressive last season, but who was on the Titans...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar