Horror Villain Wars R1: Candyman vs. Chucky

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, Apr 20, 2016.

?

?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2016.
  1. Candyman

30.0%
  2. Chucky

70.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Candyman
    [​IMG]

Chucky
    [​IMG]

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Had to go with Chuckie..
    Brad Dourif and Tom Holland by default - but also because when this film came out I took my 10 year old brother to see it and warned him Chuckie was coming for him that night. He cried and cried and cried and begged me to save him from Chucky - which I did, after he pushed the lawn mover around for me..

• LOL LOL x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

That film ruined my My Buddy doll for me.

I recently revisited that series and I still really love the first one. Overall though, I think this is an example of a series where the films mostly fail to live up to the awesomeness of the character (ahem, Hellraiser, ahem).

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

My mom never got me one of those human type dolls. I had a fluffy rabbit named Rodan. I loved that doll, Mr Burns style - then one day it was gone. I didn't remember its fate at all. Asked my mom a couple of years back what happened and she said I threw up on it and she tossed it out. D'oh!

As is the case with most of the franchise monsters of the 70's/80's/90's.
    Worst thing that ever happened to Halloween was continuing to focus on Michael Myers when the intention was to do a completely new story each year.
    And I like MM over Freddy/Jason for the most part..

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah that's true. I suppose the need for a franchise outweighs the need for an actual decent script from the studio's perspective. Chucky just always stands out in my mind because he is such a great, unique character. At least IMO. They nailed the tone in the 1st movie but then it just continually went off the rails. I watched that newest remake/reboot/rewhatever and it was pretty terrible.

Halloween is the best film in any of those series for my money but Freddy is my guy. I recently went back and watched all of the F13 films (well almost all, I'm ready for Jason X but I got burnt out) and so, so many of those are amazingly lackluster. There's some solid entries but there isn't a single film that stands out to me as truly great.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I actually still have my My Buddy. But he lives in the basement where he can't hurt me.
    [​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar