Horror Villain Wars R3: Jack Torrance vs. Alien

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SawdustMan, May 4, 2016.

?

?

Poll closed May 5, 2016.
  1. Jack Torrance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Alien

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I initially laid out very specific rules for nominations but no one paid them any attention so I just let it go. Didn't want a bunch of arguing over what was or wasn't horror. Or who is or isn't a villain. But by letting it go it resulted in a very broad, kinda goofy list.

And on the flip side, while an all out generic "villains" war no doubt would've gotten a lot more attention I just didn't want to be the one to have to run it. The nominations list would easily be like 100+ and just seemed too unwieldy for me.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

The other thing is that it's difficult to nail down who is actually the villain. Take this matchup, for example: the villains are not Jack and the xenomorph; it's the Overlook Hotel and Weyland-Yutani Corporation.

• Boring Boring x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All my guys could have been knocked out in the first round (ala Band Wars) and I'd still click a button to get to a consensus champ.
    Not like we all aren't mostly goofing off until football starts again here anyway.

Horror is FAR less of a niche than would be perceived in this lounge. Of all the social media groups I participate in outside of this forum there is massive participation - more so than music or gear groups I frequent - and by a lot.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And therein is the conversion that is spawned by this topic and I get there will only be a few of us discussing that part. But in the 3 seconds it takes to vote otherwise it seems like a lot more folks would drop in..

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

And if someone boned up and did 2016 Superhero vote-off, I'd probably vote in every matchup...

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Well, I guess I screwed up--it started in the heart of the draft--so I was elsewhere. I missed a couple important votes. :nono:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar