Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

horse-collar rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,001
    is the worst rule ever. what is a defender supposed to do, give up the td?

:sad2:
  2. Hoffa Freak you you freakin freak...

Matthews
    Moolah:
    $1,285
    You can grab the jersey, but not the shoulder pads.
    It's a good rule, can result in bad knee injuries. Even career ending ones, like Calico's.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,001
    it's just another thing that takes the aggression out of the defenders. you're not allowed to touch the golden boys(qb), you cant hit recievers when they go over the middle and now you cant tackle from behind.

it's just another way the league has successfully wussified itself and gives the offense another advantage to score points. we all know if TO didnt get hurt it wouldnt have happened.

lets face it, plays happen to fast to tell whether a player grabbed inside the jeresy or inside the shoulder pads.
  4. galaril Camp Fodder

Moolah:
    $0
    I was actually, wondering this when I saw the game saving tackle on the 2 point conversion play by the Vols player yesterday on the Air Force RB. It was very high and was wondering if they have this rule in college.
  5. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $9,001
    nope. they're allowed to play in college.
  6. sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

Moolah:
    $0
    it was only made because the nfl loves terrell owens so when he got hurt that had to come into effect
  7. sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

Moolah:
    $0
    it was only made because the nfl loves terrell owens so when he got hurt that had to come into effect
  8. PhiSlammaJamma Yao

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $21
    I'd like to see them bring back the clothesline. You never see a good hit anymore. They should just give them the Don Bee Bee cushy helmet and let them smack the crap out of each other again.
  9. Brian Big Fan

Moolah:
    $0
    Why stop there? Bring back the leather helmet.

:rolleyes:
  10. Michi40 Lost bullet

Moolah:
    $0
    Rule is stupid for me, you could get injured in any way, collar tackles are not just "the main %" for injuries. As a fact an straight tackle to the back knee flexor (or "legpit") is more dangerous.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.