Horton: 4 Games before we see true D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

@Gut you would be better off walking outside and jumping into traffic. tww2 is one dense dude

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Seriously.

He said trees have feelings, man. No one should be allowed to believe something that dumb. The scary thing is... Even though that is what sticks in my mind, I don't know if that even cracks the top 10 of stupid things he has said.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You use good examples but just like you told me using extremes doesn't really prove much and the way I see it while your examples are solid they are outliers. Winning with subpar QB play is the exception not the rule in today's NFL.

From what I've seen when even good coaches lose their QB's the team struggles.Whiz in Arizona, Mike Martz in St.Louis, Jim Caldwell when Peyton went down in 2011. There are tons of examples of good coaches all of a sudden looking like clueless idiots after their QB either gets hurt, moves on, or declines in play.

These days people joke about how bad of a coach Caldwell was but nobody was saying that when Caldwell had the Colts in the playoffs. The jokes started after Peyton went down in 2011 and they went 2-14 with the same head coach and arguably similar talent across the board (obviously not at QB).

The Saints may have taken a step back-wards when their coach wasn't allowed to be around but the Colts went 2-14 when their QB went down. And for what it's worth the year before Sean Payton got Drew Brees down to NO, the Saints went 3-13 so the argument could be made that Brees made Payton. Personally I don't believe this is the case, I think it's a symbiotic relationship.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

Please TWW, come back off that ledge...don't jump....it's getting better.... Trust me...lol!

But seriously, I'll agree that Locker is the wildcard for this year, but I still can't understand how you don't feel that this team is finally moving in the right direction? If he goes down we've still started moving away from the old stale culture and into a more positive direction with the rest of the offense and team in general going forward.

I'm hoping that Locker is the man starting this year and can finally stay healthy but if not we can see if Mett can develop into that roll or we'll draft a QB next year. If all of the other pieces are falling into place then we'll just have to find a competent QB, that's the toughest spot to fill on any roster but either way I feel a whole lot better than I did last year at this time.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. It doesn't matter how creative you can be at disguising pressure, if you are weak in the middle and can't tackle. That can be fixed but I agree I didn't see much in the pre-season to suggest they were working on tackling.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Parcells did it for one year! Yes a light bulb clicked for Smith. Would he do well on a crappy team? Prolly not. Regardless elite QB's are way more important than elite coaches in the NFL. These players have been playing the game their whole life. Just like in the NBA. I could coach the cavs next season and they would still make it to the finals.

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Harbaugh system might have turned on a lightbulb for smith. So after he did that, he was no longer needed. Coaches can turn on a lightbulb for some players but they can only get you so far. Don't believe me? Watch how we finish with the same or worse record this year with better coaches!

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

That's why I want to see the offense gel and Locker stay healthy so badly; that way we can grab a decent edge rusher in FA next season (Orakpo, Worilds, Houston, Hughes) and spend our first four rounds on CB, NT, ILB, OLB in some order.

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I think if Locker stays healthy this offense is going to be damn good.

For this specific game, I think our D has a chance to do some good things as long as we don't play soft. I don't expect "soft" from Horton. Alex Smith wants to dump off and hit the short slant routes -- in previous years, these have haunted us. We can't let 4-5 yard passes go for 10+ yards.

We need to bring pressure on that depleted OL.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We need to spy Smith, thats going to hurt the blitzes some

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar