Hostel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

The horror genre has gone into the toilet. It's all about how much blood and torture you can fit into two hours now. And speaking of terrible horror movies, did anyone see The Hills Have Eyes? Who in the hell gave the green light to make a sequel to that crap?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That was a rotten movie as well.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah it was... i'm glad I only paid a dollar for it. It isn't worth much more than that.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Most horror movies these days are horrible to me. I want to see that new movie with Hilary Swang, The Reaping, even though it looks more like a supernatural thriller...

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the problem with horror movies now is most studios sell out and go for the pg-13 rating so they can get the middle school kids in, which i thinks takes away from the violence that needs to be in a horror flick.

then the ones that do go for the R rating go balls to the walls with the violence and it becomes unwatchable.

there seems to be no medium anymore.

the only horror movies i have really enjoyed in the past 10 years has been the Saw series.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Same because it actually tries to have an interesting storyline with twists.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I still haven't checked any of the Saw movies out...must be something to them....it's threepeated in popularity.

Having just seen Silent Hill and enjoyed it, I can count it as a good "horror" movie...but that really depends on what your definition of "horror" is. I don't see slashers films as horror...I fell asleep watching "Scream", and still haven't seen it. Slashers, to me, are just the other side of detective shows.
    I good horror film, to me, both creates plenty of suspenseful fear and/or involves some concept that takes work to wrap your brain
    around....supernatural mysteries. Freddy Krueger straddles the fence...slasher or horror? Alien is an all-time fave...it was drenched in fear and suspense.

I'm starting to ramble, so...
    I'm starting to enjoy the horror genre more nowadays...maybe it's the CGI improvements...but it's hard to stand in front of the shelves at the video store and guess the good from the chaff.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- horror films to me are those that your imagination runs wild when the movie is over. Slashers leave little to the imagination.

Movies like The shining, Psycho, Natural Born Killers and even The Blair Witch project focused on vulnerability- very scary.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

300 was the greatest movie I ever saw.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hostel was only filmed in eastern Europe. No doubt the rest of the production was done here in the US where a multitude of those facilities exist..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar