Houston Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by hrudy18, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hrudy18

hrudy18 Camp Fodder

The game against Houston in 2 weeks will be a turning point for this team if they win. No I'm not predicting the playoffs or superbowl. This team needs a win at their home turf.

A win at home would give them a win streak, their fan base would start to get excited again, and give them some momentum going into Jacksonville. Let's face it, this team is not playoff material yet. They could be next year, if we learn to build on this season. They are hungry and have a fire in their gut. If they lose, it's all wasted emotion and this season becomes just another losing season. However, winning would build their confidence. Losing to Houston is not an option for this team.

If the Titans want to prove that their not the same group of clowns from last year and the first weeks of the season, then they must beat Houston in front of their home crowd. If they can't win, the Washington game was a fluke.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen. We should beat Houston at home. It's a VERY important step for this young team. Everybody gets a win every now and then. It's important to show that we can keep it up and win the games we're supposed to win. It would give us some confidence to go down to jag country. Hey, a win down there and we're back to fighting for an even season...

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A win is mandatory but a full on blow-out is what The Titans need to put together to get the hype machine back in play...

4. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

We haven't won back to back games since December of 03.. Wow...

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Yikes!! :shocked:

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

a block in the back and a 10 yard cushion at the goalline .......

this team could very easily be .500 and maybe even 4-2

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Puck, again, I agree with ya. So close...but that is the NFL these days. Next year were gonna look A TON better.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i feel good this week. we're going into the bye... letting guys rest. vince has two weeks to prepare for a defense that isnt as good as the last two we played... and the win streak feels a little less streak like with a week off...dont ask me to explain that... it just does. with an extra week of anticipation and playing in the division... against the old town... well... i think that everybody will be pretty fired up.
    only real negative i can see in this is the guys will have to controll themselves. emotionally. they'll have to play more like professionals than than they have in a long time. vince will want to win BAD... hope he relaxes himself and gets the job done.

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I think we crush Houston!

31 -17

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

houston's only run stopper(seth payne) tore his acl, so travis should keep things going against them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar