Houston receives franchise tag, Suh does not

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wolverine, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Only thing generating any excitement around here lately is pipe dream scenarios so don't rain on the parade okay?!?!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

PK is fine when he's reporting behind-the-scene news but he is absolutely terrible at evaluating players and suggesting who the Titans should target.

A few years ago when no one wanted a washed-up Dwight Freeney, PK suggested the Titans should trade a first-round pick for him.

That tells you all you need to know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

If we sign Suh and target Shelton I would hope we would trade down. Wouldn't want Shelton at 2.

4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

That's my dream as well except no to Polamalu. If we sign McCourty we will have him, griffin, huff and Stafford. No need for him. Also, would like to add depth WR and TE. Maybe R. Bush.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we signed McCourty, i'm cutting Griffin. Pollard gets cut, replaced by Polamalu. Polamalu would cost no more than 2m/yr, at his current skill/age.

6. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Why cut Griffin? They play opposite positions and would compliment each other very nicely. Polamalu and McCourty played the same spot. That wouldn't make sense. They are both in the box players where Griffin can play centerfield where he is best. Griffin has always played better with better players around him. He is a good compliment, but not when he is having to do everything. Adding an pro bowl McCourty will help him immensely.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

That's what I meant, though I didn't say it.

8. TitansAC4

TitansAC4 Starter

If the Titans get Suh it opens up a lot of options with the number 2 pick. I would prefer trading back for sure if they did land him.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

McCourty isn't an in-the-box safety. Where did you get that idea?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

When reading up on him via new England beat writers, some of them have said that he does work better in the box than play outfield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar