Houston+Turner or Revis+Dillon?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PAtitansfan53, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I don't think you can let White have the position. You have to make him earn it.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Different options..

The titans have basically said that the first rd pick will not a negotiating option to get turner so much of this discussion is in valid now. we will be picking 19th.

I have nothing against getting dillon but he is a one year option only. He is all but retired but will come back to the right deal and the right situation. What if we have to pay $3M to get him? You want to pay that for a backup? He still can play but it is possible that he is wearing down and might not be real effective next year. This is a guy who entered the league in 97 and has had a very heavy work load throughout. Eddie came in the league just one year earlier and he has been done for some time.

Getting turner is a great opportunity we need to go after. The chargers are in a bind because they can't afford to keep him and they know they can't keep him when he becomes an UFA next year. Even this year he is costing them $2.35M a heavy price for a guy who gets 80 carries. We can get turner for a 3rd and maybe a late 6th the same 6th we got from the chargers for volek.

Finally i don't see us drafting a corner in rd one or even rd 2. I think it is going to be a DE or WR in rd one and whatever need wasn't addressed in rd 2. I'm praying for a carriker, moss or anderson in rd one and sidney rice in rd 2. Rd 3 goes for turner and now we have 2 4th rd picks to fill our other needs including CB.

3. i havent heard much about carriker just that hes the only one that would be left

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

He doesn't fit the 4-3 in my opinion. He's a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE he doesn't have the explosivness or quickness to get a lot of sacks and thats what we need sacks a guy like Jamaal Anderson, or Charles Johnson, or a guy I'm high on Jay Moore in the 2nd or 3rd round would be our best bets at DE guy who cand do both and fit the 4-3 scheme better.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Depends on what we want..

I equate johnson and carriker as 2 big run stopping ends which is what we need. Unfortunately we may need a speed rusher even more. The perfect fit would be anderson but i doubt we can get him. Moss is the most realistic option..

Wouldn't bother me at all to get a guy like carriker and use him inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar