Houston's Time To Win South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

...yet they won 10 games. Still. That's the point.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

By brining in KFC off the ranch, you can bet Manning isn't likely going to be starting the season and may be less than 100% for a long time. That's the point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Changing their defense over will not be a quick process; especially to Wade's 3-4. he lives and dies by a linebacker applying pressure on the QB (Demarcus Ware, Shawn Merriman).

I'm not sold on them having the pieces yet and the backend is questionable also IMO.

4. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

We have some of the best LBs in the league. We picked up Jonathon Joseph and
    Danieal Manning. Quin is kicking butt at the safety position.
    We have 11 sacks in two preseason games 7 against the Jets and 4 against the Saints(I know it's preseason but we only had 8 for the whole preseason last year) We're +3 in the turnover department.
    This D is light years ahead of last years....and it's looking like Ben Tate is going to be every bit as good if not better then Arian Foster.

If the Texans can get past the bone head mistakes,we win the division easily.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You have questions marks at Linebacker except for Ryans.
    Cushing is a druggy who can't play without PEDs
    Mario is a question mark at LB since he is new there.

The rest I won't comment because it's preseason, though Joseph was a good pickup imo.

6. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

I think Cush is going to be fine. Remember he played out of position last year and he had knee probs.
    I guess we'll see if he can overcome the PED sh/t,but he looked really good last week.
    As far as Mario goes,it is kinda a wait and see thing. But he improved a lot from game one to game two.And the O never ran the ball to him for the most part.
    It should be interesting to see if he can pull it off.

And like I said,the D is performing way better then last year already and will only get better.
    I like our chances.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They were down to signing gas station employees last season for wide-outs. And again... still won 10 games.

And if you think Peyton Manning is sitting, I suggest you start watching the NFL this year.

8. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

For once I totally agree with you Deuce.

9. TackHammer56

TackHammer56 Starter

If you listen to the Docs,i'd say theres a good chance he doesnt start.
    And I cant see the Colts spending all that money for Vodka Collins without reason.
    Pretty expensive way to pull the wool over the NFLs eyes.
    But I guess you never know till opening day.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Well at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar