Houston's Walter nominated for APPaBiN Award

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky I hereby nominate Houston receiver Kevin Walter for the Anonymous Player Posting a Big Number Award (APPaBiN), a prestigious honor I just thought up five minutes ago. (If you have other AFC South nominations, I welcome them. Hit the mailbag and perhaps I will post your thoughts in a couple days.)

Quiz NFL fans on who's leading the AFC in receiving touchdowns, and I am guessing plenty might name Antonio Gates. But Walter? Yup, he's right there too with six touchdown catches.

Most Receiving Touchdowns, 2008PlayerTeamGamesRec.Yds.Avg.TDK. WALTERHOU104057414.46A. GatesSD104047912.06[SIZE=-2]* Seven players tied with five touchdown receptions each. [/SIZE] Walter is also doing a good job getting down field. He certainly benefits from the coverage defenses dedicate to Andre Johnson. At least in part because of that he's got twice as many touchdown catches as the Texans star receiver and a better yards per catch average (14.4 to 13.5). Again, he wouldn't be among the first guys people think of when asked about pass plays of 25 yards or more, but he ranks second in the conference.

Most Receptions of 25 or More YardsPlayerTeamRec.Yds.Avg.Longest25+L. EvansBUF3770018.987 (TD)9K. WALTERHOU4057414.461 (TD)8B. MarshallDEN6380312.747 (TD)7Z. MillerOAK2943014.863 (TD)6H. WardPIT5368112.8496

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar