How about these titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

I have to say with all the talk about antwan odom, and travis laboy being sub par...together this year they compiled 14 total sacks...thats pretty good for the opposite side for KVB...i just realized what they did this year and thats pretty impressive, i would say that DE is something we do not need to look into this offseason. and i would like to give props to both players for holding down the other side. odom alone had 8 sacks and that alone is pretty darn good. He had his best year yet...just giving props to those guys

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

while DE is not as pressing a need as say WR, it is still a position that garners attention .... if nothing else- for depth

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

MD.. you're right..
    but everything starts to fall in place when Haynesworth is on the field..

He's like the nitro button to these guys. The guy monsters so much attention that it opens up everyone else on that line to make the big plays. Other than that and without looking back at the stat sheets for the three games in which Haynesworth was out, i really don't recall them doing much.

I guess the point i'm trying to make is that the presence of Big Al and the attention he demands clearly helps an average DE on the other side of the line appear above average.

Is there any doubt that he won't be starting against the Chargers? Definitely not. He could have fractures and tears on all the bones in his legs and Jeff would still throw him in there.

4. mdfan

mdfan Starter

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'd like to see Odom stick around for depth, and I would like to see Laboy stick around as a situational pass rusher, but I would also like to see the FO try to plug another starter in on that side. Don't be fooled by one decent season.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I'm good with Odom and Laboy sticking around but the way Starks was pushed around when he was in for Big Al, he needs replaced.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I think Odom was in the top 3 in pressures this year. in some cases they are just as good as sacks so i hope he sticks around.On his day if he's healthy he can dominate RTs. The last few years he's had to deal with injuries,i'm glad we persevered with him.

8. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Upto week 10,Tennessee had 4 players in the top14 QB hurries. Odom was 1st,then KVB,followed by AH then Laboy at 14.

9. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

laboy did a heck of a job coming in and out, also being injured. i would guess it was odom with 70% of the snaps and laboy at 30%, but right now i do not see DE a concern, i think in the draft and FA there are more concerns, cuz we all know if DE is a concern then heck we are in a heck of a position as a team. cuz we have come ball players at those slots.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Laboy has shocked most of us this year I think. For limited time, he sure makes the most of his opportunities. Very fast coming off the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar