How about these titans?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MDTitansFan, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You guys realize that Odom AND Laboy are FAs after the season right? That means DE IS a huge concern and we probably will not be able to keep both of them so even if we keep one we still need some depth or at least a situational pass rusher. I've felt all along this year that the combination of Odom and LaBoy has been equal to a pro-bowl player at LE. If we can't get or keep players who can play at that level for next year the defense will take a hit backwards.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Given the numbers, I think We have to keep the group together unless we plan on using our first pick at this position. We have the money to do it. So why not. If this is the best DL in the league, then we need to keep it together. Sure, Albert makes it go, but Albert is going to be here, and unit works well together. The only thing holding us back is if one of those dudes wants the full time job and leaves because of it.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

There's the catch. After 4 years, 2 guys combine for a good season. I like them both, but it's still not an easy picture to paint for the long term on that side.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Absolutely. What happened to Vickerson??? He doesn't play like Haynesworth, but he is big and plugs runs pretty well. It's time for this team to part ways with Starks.

5. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Anybody thinking about bringing Kearse back? He will probably be cut by the eagles. He would be a good option as possibly a start of depth,and shouldnt ask for an insane contract. 4 deep would be KVB, Kearse, Odom, and Fisher (im not a fan of fisher but i think we gave a 4th up for him so he stays)

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think LaBoy is the one who will want to test the FA waters. Odom we should lock up and look to replace LaBoy. Kearse would be okay, if he didn't want stacks of money for who he used to be. Odom and Haynesworth to me are must-signs in the offseason. I also believe we have a big FA target pinned to DeWayne Robertson to replace Starks, for the right price. Former #4 overall pick, he's due a salary that is sure to have the Jets seeking a trade, or outright cut.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I also just want to say props to LaBoy and Odom both of whom I had pretty much given up on as busts. While I'm also not sure if they are the long-term answers at DE for us, they both have played well this season and deserve their accolades.

Also props to KFC and Justin Gage. The other two biggest players that I thought would never really contribute to this team and both have been key players this season.

8. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

Free Agent Target!

Jarred Allen - KC

Him and KVB would be some unstopable white boys

9. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Funnily enough,i bumped into my Chiefs fan friend earlier and said to him the very same thing. He didn't seem to up for it,i don't know why. i tried to reason with him by saying great players are wasted on his team because they aint going no where and we'd appreciate him alot more, but he wouldn't have it. Some people are so selfish!:rolleyes:

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Ironically, Jarred Allen will be covering the Titans game for the NFL network.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar