How bad are we really?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

After the game last night, I thought we were going to be a really bad team this year. After sleeping on it, I know we are going to be a really bad team this year.

Yes, it is only pre-season. Yes, the team moved camp sites days before the game. Yes, we are young.

But until last night our equally bad first team units have only played against each other and an equally bad Saints team. A few things REALLY concern me not only about our personnel but our coaching.

1. No game plan? Please- the Broncos thought enough to have one, why not us. Last time I checked, the coaches were responsible to have one. We didn't even have enough time to evaluate our 3rd string and above last night because we were getting our arse kicked. I can't see any coaching objective that was met last night.
    2. No cohesiveness on either side of the ball. Without some success, these players are going to fall back in to the frame of mind they have had for the last 2 seasons. The leadership FA's we brought in were either not playing or committing penalties.
    3. No adjustments- The defensive unit continued to get burned off many of the same plays by ALL strings of the Broncos offense.
    4. No accountability- Nobody really coming out and saying how bad we sucked and taking responsibility. Alot of excuse making after the game.

The bright spots were really only in the personnel department.

1. Tulloch was everywhere. Looks like another Bulluck.
    2. Thornton was really quick and closing down alot of plays.
    3. White looked OK behind a crappy o-line performance.
    4 Hall was playing with some fury. With a little more education, he'll contribute
    5. Young more composed than should be for a rookie.

As a whole, the tree-tops all bend toward Nashville. (We suck)

Now that I've slept on it

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Apparently you have to have a gameplan to make plays on Defense? what a joke, I've never heard of anything so absurd. Defense is about flying to the ball and hitting people and being aggressive and stopping the run, we did none of that. If we have to start gameplanning to accomplish these goals, we really suck and we are not teaching defense, we are teaching ballet.

3. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Fisher spoke during the week that he knew Shanahan would be gameplanning for Tennessee, and he would do the same.

In watching the game, I started paying more attantion to the sidelines between plays. If you watch the game replay again, pay close attention to the defense when they are with schmurtz (schwart/schmutz)

Not only do they not listen to anything he says, you will notice two players roll their eyes when schmurtz walks away.

We have a HUGE problem here ...

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah I thought I saw some "who cares what you say" looks being given to Shwartz.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

If they were that means they've tuned him out. And, if that's the case changes must be made one way or the other.

Either players or the coach must go.

And, we all know who usually wins in that case.

6. twoseven

twoseven Camp Fodder

We all knew Schwartz should have been gone 2 years ago, This reflects on Fisher. If he doesnt have the stones to can his butt, well he needs to go also.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

let's not throw the baby out with the bath water now.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You want Brown gone, yet defend Schwartz... ? :crazy: :ha:

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Funny,
    after the NO game, there were posts on here saying there's no reason to believe the Titans can't beat every team on the schedule,
    now there's nothing but doom and gloom.

People on here must run the stock market, huge drops after any hint something might not be perfect.

Try and find some balance. The Titans won't be the worst team in 2006, and they won't be the best either. They will look good some weeks, and they will look vulnerable on others.

I'm still saying 7-9, not barring catastrophic injuries.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Defensive game plan:
    When the ball is snapped try not to get knocked back on your heals and out of the play.
    Also try to plug the hole before the running back runs through.
    Finally, when you get your hands on the RB take him down.

We failed to accomplish all of the above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar