How bad is Sankey?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Sankey is no better than Javon Ringer.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lies and you know it

Ringer was at best a 3rd RB, and thats being nice. At worst Sankey is our No.2 going forwards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

I'm mad we took first running back and selected him over Hill and Hyde.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

Yea yea I know, everyone says that, and sure last year it looked like a huge reach but think long term. These physical RB types burn out quick, and there's a ton of them to go around. This year alone theres about 6 or more bruiser RB's we could draft.

I think the pick was an investment into the future, Sankey should only improve year to year.

Take a Terrance West for example, he's trying to prolong his career and win a starting job by dropping 15lbs this off season, he knows the quicker more nimble runners that can be featured in the pass game are what coaches are looking for

5. kenny

kenny Starter

I have not given up on Sankey, but Hill is a better all around back. Hill is a bruiser that has pass catching skills as well. That is exactly why I wanted us to take him. He can/does break tackles & can catch out of the back field as well.

Now I hope that Sankey is a much better back this year. He has better hands than Hill. That's about all he has on him IMO. I really hope that Sankey breaks out & proves to everyone he was worth the 1st RB pick of the draft. He need him to do it & I want him too as well. Just like Hill better right now.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

The fact that the majority of you are ready to give up on a 2nd year player, who was a 2nd round pick, and played behind an awful OL, just cracks me up. Give the kid a chance, at least 1 more year.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

It is funny because the leap from the 1st to 2nd year is always a big one for guys. Verner and McCourty looked like chumps as rookies. Wright went from 5 games as a rookie to receiving for over 1000-yards the next year. Griffin goes to a Pro Bowl in his 2nd year. Id say nearly everyone deserves not to be judge til somewhere into their 2nd season, this includes Mett, if we go QB with our pick at 2, I actually see Mett putting up a solid fight..

8. Russell Jones

Russell Jones Rookie

Sankey is an ineteresting subject, you could say he was sub-par at best his rookie year, but then again he was splitting carries with the rest of our pony stable and it's hard for a back to get in a good rhythm only getting 8 carries in a game. Also our offensive line was a huge issue, but at the same time when I watch Sankey play I don't see him as a primary running back. I could be wrong but he's too patient sometimes and too much of a glider, when in this league it usually comes down to breaking tackles and speed in the open field.

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Verner was actually good as a rookie. I agree with the point you are trying to prove however I don't have high hopes for Sankey given his skill set. I will give him another year behind a hopefully improved and healthy oline but I'm not holding my breath. Whoever said he is Donald Brown is spot on. Yes rookies improve but RB is one of the positions rookies make seamless transitions and don't require much if any learning curve which is my reason for pessimism.

10. JCBRAVE

That was me, he at worst is Donald Brown, thats not what he's limited to tho, I think he can be much better than Brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar