How 'Bout Them BasketVols!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I know early still, but man, the Vols look good.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

They are a joy to watch. They play with such intensity on defense.

When they are on, they are unstoppable. I hope they can get better at the foul line and can handle the bigger teams in the tournament.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

They are actually getting better at the line in some ways. Now that Lofton is back, he is driving to the hole more and getting more attempts. Lofton, T. Smith, J. smith, Howell are all good FT shooters. It is the post players that need help. The real change recently is how much better their rebounding is. They are starting to out rebound teams.

If Vols are on, they will be scary in the tournement. Thought I would never say that.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I love that they can go on a run so fast with their depth. That game last night was close and the Gators hung in there but couldn't stay with the speed the Vols have.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

They're the best team I've seen that can't pass or dribble lol. They can shoot great, but man are they sloppy. The Memphis/UT game should be interesting. I just hope the D takes a lot of those sloppy dribbles and passes to the other end for easy 2s.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Try again. UT leads the nation in assists, 2nd in assist/turnover ratio, and 3rd in steals.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Whoa. And they're still crazy sloppy. My UT alum buddy and I watch the games together and he says the same. Best sloppy team he's ever seen.
    Watch the games, the ball will be bouncing all over the place.

google search:UT vols mens basketball sloppy

And be entertained with how many UT fans also say they're sloppy. They just have overcome most the sloppy play so far. They really haven't faced a team that'll make them pay for not being able to dribble though.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gloat...

I've watched every game they've played. Every game. Been to number of games since Pearl has been there and before, so I don't think you've somehow have a better insight on them than anyone else. Do they play a seemingly uncontrolled game at times? Do the players sometimes get a little full of themselves and try to showboat? Sure and that is why they love playing for Pearl. That is Pearl's style and always have been...at Milwaukee and Southern Indiana...where I have seen game tapes from. But sloppy doesn't equate into the #2 assist/TO ratio in the country. And it is working. We certainly aren't the best team in the nation by any means, but I can tell you that teams don't look forward to playing us because UT can wear you out.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Memphis Vs. Tennessee ... looking forward to it

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

UT vs. Memphis will be very good. Teams and coaches don't like each other. Memphis is loaded and rightfully will be favored, but UT has certainly played tougher competition so maybe that will help them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar