How 'Bout Them BasketVols!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by VolnTitan, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

It's a long race, not a short one.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Quite mild last night in the friendly confines of Memorial Gym.

Even Ashley looked disgusted.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

So mild they barely registared a pulse...

I like Ashley looking disgusted...I imagine that's the look I'd see if she woke up with me in Vegas one morning...

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well. Looks like it will be #1 vs. #2 on Saturday.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

started thinking about that this morning!.. exciting

7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yeah, I am stoked about this. I am going to find out what time they play here in trashistan, and make a point to watch it on AFN.

All of this will be pointless TO ME if we dont win the SEC tourney.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Well, we also have to get by Auburn first which is at bigger game in the grand scheme. But we play them at home, so you would think if we play our game we should win.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I must root for Memphis to help my team. But I will be interested. Should be a great game. I think that Memphis is like the Hoyas in 84 or whatever. They are just big. Maybe not perfect. But so big and athletic that it doesn't matter how they shoot. They can certainly be beaten, but the sure amount of size and quickness they have will beat most teams over 40 minutes. You gotta be deep to have a chance. And you'd better have an inside game.

Houston tried to run them out of the gym, because that is what we do best, but ironically, it was when Houston slowed the ball down that the Tigers seemed off kilter. I think the classic strategy will hold true against them. Slow it down. The real problem is that they guard the 3 ball so well I believe that you have to go inside to win. After watching them take on our team twice, one thing you cannot do, is drive the lane with guards. We have some of the top guards in the nation and they blocked every layup we took. Every layup. They play some serious defense. You can beat them off the dribble if you are fast, but seriously, you better pull up for that 7 footer, and forget the layup.

My keys to success.

1. Slow it down even if you don't want to. Do not run with them.
    2. Must have an inside game to win.
    3. Pull up when you beat them off the dribble.
    4. If your subs are average, don't play them, go 40 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar