How do you feel about VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

Vince Young is going to be our QB and hes going to be a real good one for a long time. We'll start seeing the success when the coaches (Yes, even Fisher) take the handcuffs off of him and we get a freaking receiver.

2. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I'm in the group that says this is what you get with a 2nd year QB, and a young team in general. Ups and downs. But there does seem to be an underlying problem in the offense that goes beyond the players. TJ kinda brought it up in another thread, saying he's calling Fisherball DelRioball now - because we aren't playing Fisherball anymore and the Jags are winning with it.

I'm starting to wonder if the problem is the combination of Chow and Fisher. Vince's 2nd INT is the perfect case - 3rd & 2 and the Chargers had 7 in the box while we had 9. Does that seem troubling to anyone? 3rd & 2 with our FB in and they aren't even playing the run? That tells me Chow isn't playing Fisherball and opposing defenses know it. I like Chow. I like Fisher. But they aren't on the same page at all and it's hurting this offense.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

oh yeah.. he does it all GM, play caller, he's also on the roster as the 3rd QB

4. MDTitansFan

MDTitansFan Guest

i think beano on espn said it the best about tim tebow and the comments mad saying hes a system QB. You make a system around the QB you have, you dont push the QB into the system. I think the titans staff is doing just that. They are taking one of the most talented players in teh NFL and changing him to fit their system. If they would create a system just for VY then i think there would be a huge difference. Right now our coaching staff is blind to the success VY can have if they let him be himself and they call plays that only VY is good at. I think they are forcing him into a system that defently wasnt what he ran in college and defently isnt working this year. Do you remember last year when VY was killing people. Its because we really werent playing fisher ball, we were playing VY ball

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

It's unfortunate everytime we lose a game this thread comes up. The coaches do not put vince in a position to succeed. It seems like every 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 yesterday we passed the ball, and many times he threw it incomplete. We have a big rb, run him up the middle for a yard or two. Another good example is before the bironas missed field goal we get to 1st and 15. Then we go run for 2 yards run for 1 yard and leave us with a 3rd and long. I mean we had this game won if our defense doesn't give up 14 in the last 10 minutes. Also on the last drive we were trying to run the clock which is an alright idea, but you still need to mix in some short passes up the field. We ran the ball like 9 or 10 times straight probably and then expect vince to make a timing throw. I know ya'll will still blame it on vince but we had 17 points going into the 4th quarter and then vince through the ball only three times the whole 4th quarter and overtime.

6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Fisher-ball and VY don't mix well....Oil and Water...one of the two has to go...why draft a guy with the kind of game-breaking legs he has and make him a pocket QB.

Granted...don't want Kordell...but even Billy Volek could run what they are putting on the field right now....and that is sad because Volek sucks....

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Bingo Laserjock. Fisherball & VY don't mix @ all. Vince isn't a "game manager" but apparently our coaching staff hasn't figured that out b/c he'll never be that. He should be the focal point of our O.

8. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

i am watching the Saints, Falcons game right now. ...Three receivers in this game have already displayed more talent and athletic ability than anyone at that position on the Titans...

.. I think Vince will be fine, Norm Chow needs to go to Arkansas.

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

I think it is sad as well. Same discussions came early in Mcnair's career, and again later on and then at the end. We might as well get used to it. VY could win 10 games and make the playoffs every year and people would still call for his head. Some people just want that 6ft 5inch white Adonis of a QB out there throwing for 400 yards every week. In his 2nd season he has had troubles. Ok which ones haven't out of the top three QBs in the draft last year? At nine or ten wins the Titans should have a season they can hang their hats on. Most analyst didn't see this team with 6 or 7 wins. VY will get better and the coaching staff will learn how to use him better as well. There have not been many QBs in the league with his kind of ability. Who do you use as a reference point? You could say Vick but I don't think thats even a good comparison. We all know the reasons. My God just sit back and let him grow and learn. We are not gonna win the super bowl this year so get over it. When we drafted him most people thought he wouldn't even see the field till this year! Coming in everyone said he would be two to three year project and most likely need to sit his first year. Now when he has trouble in his 2nd year(not even two full seasons if you count starts) people are jumping ship and calling for his head. To you people I say shut up and sit down. If you are lucky we will save your seats on the bandwagon when the team is ready to make a real run.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Colston is a beast out there

Great Points! Fisherball and Vince Young are truly Oil and Water... at least right now... now when Vince becomes more of a game manager we'll see... but as of now.. it's looking bad out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar