How do you feel about VY?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bored1, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

One thing that stood out was the series in OT when we were pinned against our end zone... we ran up the middle twice, then on a last ditch effort we tried to pass on third down. That was a clear, yet suttle way of saying... we don't trust Young not to turn the ball over with his erratic passing and inability to throw the ball with any kind of accuracy.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So they threw the ball and that was saying they don't trust VY passing?

Thats about as logical as you ever get.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Hey there you are I was begining to think you became a VY supporter. Wait, You're right and I need to prove you wrong......:ha:

My opinion of VY at this point: Second year QB, going to be a great QB, will eventually settle in and be fine. Pisses me off with the Bone headed in indecision btw running/passing that he is displaying right now, along with the bone headed inteceptions like the ones he threw this weekend.

As a side note. I truly dispise Chow as an offensive coordinator. This is not college, this is not USC, and this is definately not the Pac 10. He called a great game last week, no matter what the outcome would have been. He mixed up the play calling, called a few different plays, and gave VY an opportunity to throw it down field. If we would have lost that game, I still would pat Chow on his back for calling a great game. This weekend was C-O-N-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-V-E, which spells L-O-S-S.

Like I keep saying, McNair still would not have know what a 20yd pass route and a Wr looked like if Les Steckle had got out of here, and Hermindinger come in. That needs to happen again.

It's not Fisher it's the O-Coordinator.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Don't kid yourself. This offense and defense is rubber stamped by Fisher in its entirety.

Though I understood the first down call in OT since White had been running with success, the second down was a head-scratcher. I think the boos that rained down on Chow on that call were deserving. You don't want to force your second-year QB to have to throw from his endzone on third-and-long.

I wonder how sore Young was after that hit because that would have been an ideal time to roll him out on that play he either takes off or dumps a short pass to Scaife.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I have a hard time believeing that everything needs to pass through Fish, before being done. Some stuff yes, but overall, no B/C that would severly cripple the effectiveness of the coordinators ability to coach. Besides, if that's the case, How did we go from 3 yrds and a cloud of dust w/Les Steckle, to Wing em Wild, w/ Steve Mac becoming one of the top passing offenses in the league for those years???? Both O-coordinators had the same personnel to work with right?

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Don't kid yourself Zell as Jeff is right. Fish has his stamp on everything and if I remember he calls the red-zone plays on O also.

Vince is a dynamic talent and Fish won't let Chow adjust the O to play to his strengths. Instead Fish is stubborn and runs his O no matter what. Its beyond obvious Vince is struggling partly due to that.

7. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

And if they wanted a "game manager" who can make the 3rd down throw and keep the chains moving, then they should have picked Cutler at 3 instead of Vince. It's as simple as that.

Let it be known also that I'm one of VY's biggest supporters, but if Fish refuses to adjust the Offense to Vince's unique abilities then he was the wrong pick. Hopefully over time, i'm proven wrong and he can learn like Mac9 did w/ Fish.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

So did Fish just get this way, or did he just trust Steve Mac to Run the offense Hernindinger installed, or does he just not trust VY at this stage in the game??

I believe NC has a playbook w/over 300 plays in it w/ 10 of those plays being designed to be over 20 yrds (an exagerration of course), but u guys get what I'm saying.

9. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Fish has always been this way, the stubborn coach who hardly ever changes his offensive philosophy. In 2003, he probably got to the point to trust Mac and guess what happens? He lets Dinger open the O & Mac wins the MVP. Then again it was obvious Fish didn't agree with Dinger's philosophy as Dinger left abruptly for Denver after 04.

I refuse to believe were seeing a true Norm Chow offense though. Fish's fingerprints are all over this O. This past sunday in the SD game was a perfect example. We're backed up to our 3 yard line or so and everybody in the stadium knew what the playcalls on 1st, 2nd & 3rd down were going to be. Run, Run and then expecting Vince to convert a 3rd & long backed up to our endzone. How much more predictable can you get ya know? As Jeff was saying earlier in the thread, the crowd booed very LOUD after that 2nd down run.

There were a couple plays here & there throughout the game that were creative, example were the RB screens, but other than that it was just too bland. Atleast LenDale is in shape now & had his best game this past Sunday.

10. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

You know exactly what they were doing... they considered their percentage higher if they tried to run, rather than have Young throw a interception or at a receivers feet. throwing on third down was all that was left... it was a pick your poison scenario. Young wasn't accurate in College, and it's amplified in the pro's. It's funny... I don't remember Young throwing a pass over 7 or 8 yards in that game... I could be wrong, I'll have to re-watch it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar