How do you guys view the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanup1982, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Is the Super Bowl too star studded? It just seems like the Super Bowl is 20% football and 80% action :wink2:

Maybe, I'm just old school or something, but I wish they could bypass all this pregame crap and get on with the reason real football fans watch week in and week out.

It is also a slap in the face to real deal fans who can't go watch their team play, because some millionaire CEO of a company bought tickets for him and their buddies, who probably don't know squat about football.

Give me the AFC and NFC championship games over the Super Bowl any day :yes:

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I do agree it's become a little too commercialized but it's still the Super Bowl. My favorite post season is the NHL, they seriously bring it more in each game than any other sport.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Give me the NFL post season over anything in this world. It's just I view the SB as being more of a game for the rich and famous who have no clue about football, over the real fans who sat through ice cold temperatures, rain, steaming hot weather. Those are the people who deserve to be sitting at the SB, instead of the fakes..

4. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Regardless whoever plays in this game, the superbowl always ends up sticking in my head, certain moments. Memorable moments and plays...so I'm a fan. It's interesting to get the back stories of the players and such but the highly commercialized part can go. Oh and half time is always funny bad.

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Maybe I'm just jealous we are not in it :)

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Hate all the hoopla surrounding it.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I hate it. IMO, it is somewhat offensive to the real fan that watches week in and week out.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I completely agree

9. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

I am as big an NFL fan as anyone you know, and it just feels like any other playoff game to me if my team isn't in it. I am looking forward to watching it, but not very excited. I'd rather watch regular season Sunday action than the Superbowl.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Its hard to take it seriously when you have teams you constantly do not care for playing.

But mainly so many people openly say they are watching it for the commercials and half time. Any football fan, no matter how big, should be insulted that Madonna is performing.

Have a classic rock band, or I dunno, maybe the Black Keys or something. Madonna? Seriously, someone ought to be fired over it then tared and feathered during half time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar