How does Dungy's connection to Indy rate?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <table border="0" align="right"> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="300" bgcolor="#c0c0c0"> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#000000"> <div align="center"><font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#ffffff"><strong>Highest winning percentage with one team</strong></font><br /> <font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#ffffff"><strong>(Min. 50 games)</strong></font></div> <p><font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#ffffff"> </font></p> </td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">George Seifert</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">49ers</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">.766</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">John Madden</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Raiders</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">.759</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#e6e6e6"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Tony Dungy</font></td> <td bgcolor="#e6e6e6"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Colts</font></td> <td bgcolor="#e6e6e6"><font face="Verdana" size="1">.759 *</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Don Shula</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Colts</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">.755</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Vince Lombardi</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Packers</font></td> <td bgcolor="#ffffff"><font face="Verdana" size="1">.754</font></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#000000"><font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#ffffff"><strong>* 85-27 in 7 seasons</strong></font></td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> <p>Tony Dungy's place on several significant lists gives a real sense of his place in league history.</p> <p>He won at a higher percentage with Indianapolis (.759) than Vince Lombardi did in Green Bay (.754). He won more games in his first seven seasons in Indianapolis (85) than Bill Belichick did in New England (75) or than Joe Gibbs did in Washington (74).</p> <p>During his farewell press conference, he said that while he will live in Tampa, he will spend plenty of time in the city for which he won a Super Bowl, searching for the right word and stabbing at "Indianapolisite" before embracing "Hoosier."</p> <p>Which leads me to ask for your thoughts on Dungy.</p> <p>How do those who live in Indianapolis or Indiana frame Dungy in terms of how much he is identified with your city and/or state?</p> <p>I invite you to share your thoughts about that link and how you expect it will compare in time to other coaches of his era and the places where they spent the best years of their careers.</p> <p>I'll do my best to sift through your responses and highlight some in the coming days.</p>

More...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no thanks. How about more stuff about Schwartz's lack of aggressive playcalling against a rookie QB in the POs. You actually saved me the pain of rewatching that debacle. Cause I was gonna watch it just for that info. So again thanks and good luck to Schwartz in all his interview(s)

[​IMG]

You can do it Jimbo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar