How fast can you run a mile?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

and hear it is quite freaky the first time you see it...

2. jdog

jdog I like beer!

The last time I ran I could do 3 miles in 21 mins. but I had done much better in a mile run but I gave up running years ago. Running is too hard on the joints so I cycle now.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

At least since I got out of college, I generally only run if I'm in front of a bear or behind an ice cream truck.

I stick to the rowing machine or the bike. Running bores the heck out of me.

In college I could run a little under a 7 and a half minute mile, the one time a year when I did actually run.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

ha...so you think a rowing machines and stationary bikes are less boring?

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A rowing machine isn't boring at all for me, but that's because I've done it competitively before and know a bunch of different competitive workouts that I can do. It also helps that I had to keep track of my progress on it for several years, so I really know what I can do, which makes it easier to push myself. At least on a stationary bike I can still watch tv while working hard. I mostly do that as a cool down after rowing. I can't do that on most machines because of the movement.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

PR's in high school were a 4:29 mile, a 1:56 half and a 0:49 quarter.

I was running marathons and 1/2 marathons recently until I stress fractured by right foot for the second time in 6 months. I suck at the marathon (3hr 38min pr)- I always get mega cramps during the last 3 or 4 miles- you know like that guy on the gatorade commercial.

And I agree with DW that Asics make the best running shoes.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Riverman, nothing wrong with that PR. I did my first Mary this year and it was 3:40. However, I plan on breaking 3:10 in the next 3 years. I wanna go to Boston. That Mile time is very impressive. I have never been that fast.

8. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I listen to Podcast and audiobooks when I run. They work like magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar