How Herm Edwards stacks the division right now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>Chatted early Wednesday with Herm Edwards -- the former Jets and Chiefs coach sure sounds like he is enjoying life as an ESPN analyst.</p> <p>I took the opportunity to ask him how he's handicap the AFC South right now based on how they did last season and what they've done to their rosters so far.</p> <p>He couldn't break from stacking the division the same way it wound up in 2008:</p> <p>Titans<br /> Colts<br /> Texans<br /> Jaguars</p> <p>"I'd probably put Tennessee at the top right now because of Jeff Fisher, he's an established guy over there," Edwards said. "Tennessee I think is going to be good. Then Indy, Houston and Jacksonville. That's how I look at it.""</p> <p>But Edwards said he could see the division doing what it did in 2007, when it sent three teams to the playoffs.</p> <p>"I think Houston might do something for some reason, I think they are about ready," he said. "If they can do something on defense, I think they'll be pretty good. They're close. I think this is a big year for them. If they can shore up their defense, they are pretty good on defense."</p>

More...

2. millakilla8

millakilla8 MK8- OSU Beavs & Mizzou!!

I agree with what he said. I think the division is definitely ours, and that Houston will for sure be tough.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If the Texans were in the NFC West, AFC East, or even the AFC North, I'd say they'd have an excellent shot at the playoffs. However, they're in the toughest division in the NFL. Suck it Kubiak!

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well it's official then, we're going to finish dead last in our division.

Herm doesn't know football from fried eggs so if he thinks we're good we're screwed. :yes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

why is everyone beating me to the punch today? I was just about to say that

6. TitansFan23

TitansFan23 STILL in school...

You play to win the game. :thumb:

7. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Funny what a difference a year makes. Last year all the experts had us finishing either 3rd or 4th......not even in the playoffs.

Now Herm is a nice guy, but apparently is a lousy coach. I hope he's better as an announcer......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar