How Important Will Gregg Williams Be To The Titans This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

In my opinion i think Gregg Williams will be great for the team this season because of many different reasons.

One would be that he will bring something to the team thats been missing since Jeff Fisher left and that is fire,passion and emotion.Yes he is gone but Fisher knew when to use emotion to get the team to respond which i think is Mike Munchak's biggest weakness.Munchak almost reminds me of the tin man on the wizard of oz who had no emotions.I think sometimes some genuine emotion is really needed to get the team to respond.I worry at times that this could be a problem when push comes to shove and he needs the most out of his players because he doesn't look like he is commanding the team like a head coach should.He almost looks lost at times.This will be where the biggest difference will be made because know the team has Williams on the sidelines and he is going to be showing all kinds of different emotions whether it be showing support or yelling to the players.Players never really knew during a game what their standing was with Munchak because he is stoic but Williams will let a player know really quickly how he feels.The sidelines should be a lot more animated this season than it has in the last couple years.

I also think Williams will come in very handy in regards to play calling to especially on the defense.We all know Jerry Gray could use all the help he can get and know he has it.I think the defense will improve and so will the play calling as well.Now during games when Gray gets overwhelmed he will have Williams there to support him and help out with the play calling.Things were pretty rough last season but with the extra help things should turn around for the defense.

Another reason will be his impact with the players.I think its been said already that most of the players on defense fully support having Williams on board and he will hopefully make a good impression on them.I do think they will be very motivated playing for him and he will bring out the very best in the players this season.I think they need some fresh leadership out there on the field and he brings that to this team.I think veterans and especially the rookies will gain a lot from having him coaching here again.

All it takes sometimes is the addition of a few coaches and players to turn a team around and i think with Williams here as well as some of the new blood brought in during free agency and the draft will make a big difference.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Very very very!

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think he'll make Gray be accountable.

4. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

I love that we brought Williams in, and love all of the moves we have made this offseason. I just wonder if Williams will be the same after the whole bounty thing.

5. BCTitans

BCTitans Starter

From what I've heard, Williams still has that in your face attitude that he has always had. Also heard from the same person that GW is by far the most vocal person in the room when defensive coaches have meetings...not Jerry Gray.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. rodgev

rodgev Starter

As long as he tells Gray that corners are allowed to stand closer than 8 yards to the line of scrimmage I'm good

7. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Lets just say that Gregg Williams might end up being the best addition we got to our franchise this offseason.. more important than any single FA or rookie we signed.

8. peterm211

peterm211 Starter

How come Williams didn't get the D coordinator job instead of Gray?

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Greg Williams impact should be huge on the Titans defense this year. If it's not it really reduces the chances of a good season. Signing him was a good gamble for the team and Munch.

I'm pro taking a drastic measure to improve the team defense.

That said, I don't like Greg Williams. Wish there had been the right move for a new defensive coordinator, but almost impossible to do that when the coaching staff has no guarantee past one season. I don't like the bounty **** and thought it was low class. But I give him a lot of credit for taking responsibility and not making excuses for it. And I'm about the fair 2nd chance.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I wish Gray would have been fired!

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar