How likely is this?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Keeferdog, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keeferdog

Keeferdog Starter

The Titans go with DE in 1st round and DT in the 2nd? I want Perry and Worthy!

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Very likely.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea that's very likely. I don't see us getting the inside blockers we need til 3rd-4th round. So yea that could very well be how it goes down.

4. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think it is likely as well. I'd like to get Mike Martin in the 2nd rnd. I think he would be the type of guy that Reinfeldt would target. Team Captain. Strong as an ox. Ex-wrestler. Has very good quickness for his size...7.19 3 cone and 4.25 short shuttle. Some might look at his numbers and say that he doesn't have great production for a DT, but he was the NT in Michigans defense and rarely do NTs put up great numbers. I think he will fit best as a DT in a 4-3 like ours. Him and Casey would work well together.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Casey - Martin - Klug

That would be pretty solid.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

One problem with that, Mike Reinfeldt is no longer the GM.

7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I wouldn't mind in the 1st Perry/Curry than in the 2nd Thompson/Reyes

Their are too many DT in this draft with high grades surely a few of them has to fall to us in the late second

8. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I would love to get Martin in the 2nd. Saw a mock the other day and someone had him going in the first. I hope that does not happen.

I want either Mercilus, Perry, or Curry in the first, Mike Martin in the second and Markelle(sp) Martin in the third. Not sure if Markelle will last that long but I would love those first three rounds

9. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Just looked at a couple mocks that had Markelle a late third. So i definitely think we could get him there

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'd be happy with that but something is bugging me...

Jason Jones is/was a starting DT for our team (6'5", 275)

Karl Klug is a rotational DT on our team (6'3", 275)

Klug is way better in short spaces (wrestling backround), he has a lower center of gravity and has a thicker build.

I'm quite sure Klug can put on more weight and easily play around 280, perhaps a little more.

Klug looked friggin awesome last year and he is now one of my favorite Titans.

My question is, why can't he start at DT if Jason Jones, who is made of glass, can?

No one can doubt Klug has the talent to be an NFL starter, we've seen the evidence of that. Give the guy a chance to start for the love of god.

All that said, a draft of Mercilus/Perry and Mike Martin would make this fan pretty damn happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar